Contribute
Register

Asus Taichi - installing Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
One screen is shown as DisplayPort and the other as Internal DisplayPort. And I can't connect anything to the HDMi because it uses micro-HDMI (or whatever it is called) and I don't have an adapter. I tried using the VGA port. This one disables the tablet screen.

This is good information for when you patch the connector tables (from the sounds of it... no LVDS).

I had some fun patching that connector table right now. Bad things happened.

My first try didn't change anything. My second try (I modified the LVDS line) resulted in the system failing to boot to UI. I restored the original kext and tried again. This time the UI launched and I got the login screen. But when I entered my password it just jumped to a gray screen then back to login screen again. And restoring the original kext doesn't help. I have no idea what to do now.

I had some fun patching that connector table right now. Bad things happened.

My first try didn't change anything. My second try (I modified the LVDS line) resulted in the system failing to boot to UI. I restored the original kext and tried again. This time the UI launched and I got the login screen. But when I entered my password it just jumped to a gray screen then back to login screen again. And restoring the original kext doesn't help. I have no idea what to do now.

You should probably read everything you can about patching the framebuffer, so you have a better idea of what you're doing...

Getting the ability to log in back to GUI. As I mentioned before - I can't log in for some reason.

I get the login screen but when I enter my password the screen flashes gray and returns me back to the login screen. This happened after my last kext edit so I am guessing that it is somehow connected with that. I restored the original kext back, but it doesn't help.

I hope that this makes it clear.

Getting the ability to log in back to GUI. As I mentioned before - I can't log in for some reason.

I get the login screen but when I enter my password the screen flashes gray and returns me back to the login screen. This happened after my last kext edit so I am guessing that it is somehow connected with that. I restored the original kext back, but it doesn't help.

I hope that this makes it clear.

Perhaps you're not installing kexts correctly (eg. Kext Wizard). You can try booting "-f" to ignore cache (always remember to rebuild cache when you install kexts...).

Or... fresh install...

Nothing that I did seemed to work so I did a fresh install. Back to square one apparently.

I still don't get this framebuffer patching entirely. I know that I need to edit those three "lines" in the connector table. I just don't get it which ones I need to edit and to what.

Nothing that I did seemed to work so I did a fresh install. Back to square one apparently.

I still don't get this framebuffer patching entirely. I know that I need to edit those three "lines" in the connector table. I just don't get it which ones I need to edit and to what.

The idea is to change the framebuffer config to match your hardware port layout.

Not all about the framebuffer data is understood...

But I am guessing that some of the data is understood. So I understand this correctly:
02 05 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 01 00 00

02 05 represents the hardware connector? And that these values shouldn't be changed.

00 04 represents the type of the connection? DVI/DP/HDMI? Or am I getting this wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back