Contribute
Register

Asus Taichi - installing Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically you said to move the file there not rename it.

Actually, no:
me said:
But some BIOS implementations will not boot UEFI unless there is a /Microsoft/BOOT/bootmgfw.efi, so you might try creating those directories and copying CLOVERX64.efi there

How to read it...

source file contents: CLOVERX64.efi
destination: /Microsoft/BOOT/bootmgfw.efi

'there' is the destination mentioned previously...

Thank for the USB thing. It is working now. Moving on.... I probably need some kext or something for power management. It says that battery charge is 0% (even if it is running on battery).

Battery status has nothing to do with power management.

Power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Any chances of getting the external display working? By external I mean the tablet one. If I close the lid and power the thing up it will power on the tablet display. It will go through loading and when it reaches the point of showing the login screen it just goes blank.

Not sure how that thing works... Is it truly handled as an external display? Can both work at one time? Can they have different contents, or is it only mirroring?

I am not exactly sure how asus have done it. But in windows it can do anything. It can actually be an external display (two screens showing different things using standard desktop extension) or it can do mirroring. Or it can only use one of them.

There is an "external screen off" switch on the side. If I move it, the internal screen flashes (as if somebody unplugged a screen). And It apparently boots fine using the tablet screen until it has to show the GUI. The whole boot process also is in Full HD which is interesting.

I am not exactly sure how asus have done it. But in windows it can do anything. It can actually be an external display (two screens showing different things using standard desktop extension) or it can do mirroring. Or it can only use one of them.

There is an "external screen off" switch on the side. If I move it, the internal screen flashes (as if somebody unplugged a screen). And It apparently boots fine using the tablet screen until it has to show the GUI. The whole boot process also is in Full HD which is interesting.

You may need to patch the connector table in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext... Should be interesting...

Sounds like "fun". I don't think it is worth it until I get everything else working. Though it is tempting since the touchscreen seems to work - pen input works. And it would be great to have mac os tablet.

And my to-do list seems to be getting longer and longer.
- screen brightness settings
- sound
- touchpad (well multitouch) - right now multitouch doesn't work at all and it has horrible problems with drag and drop.
- wifi (external ralink 3070 - the kext that I installed seems to have weird problems and recognizes the thing as a ethernet controller). I can do this myself. I think :mrgreen:.

First I have to install windows again so I can check what hardware the thing uses.

Sounds like "fun". I don't think it is worth it until I get everything else working. Though it is tempting since the touchscreen seems to work - pen input works. And it would be great to have mac os tablet.

And my to-do list seems to be getting longer and longer.
- screen brightness settings
- sound
- touchpad (well multitouch) - right now multitouch doesn't work at all and it has horrible problems with drag and drop.
- wifi (external ralink 3070 - the kext that I installed seems to have weird problems and recognizes the thing as a ethernet controller). I can do this myself. I think :mrgreen:.

First I have to install windows again so I can check what hardware the thing uses.

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

---

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

--

Keyboard/trackpad: Depends on PS2 drivers. There is no native support for PS2 devices in OS X. Correct drivers depend on what the manufacturer of your trackpad is.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Note: If you're using USB WiFi it is normal that it is recognized as a Ethernet controller. Apple does not document their WiFi driver interfaces, so any WiFi driver provided by someone other than Apple has to use the documented Ethernet driver interfaces and roll their own user interface.

Great! We are moving forward. Brightness fix was successful. Wireless drivers now work as well (didn't know that about USB cards). Internal one is not supported as far as I know - Intel Centrino advanced-n 6235.

I'm currently installing Windows 8 and will continue with everything tomorrow.

Great! We are moving forward. Brightness fix was successful. Wireless drivers now work as well (didn't know that about USB cards). Internal one is not supported as far as I know - Intel Centrino advanced-n 6235.

I'm currently installing Windows 8 and will continue with everything tomorrow.

Yup... Intel WiFi not supported...

I installed Windows just now. Interesting thing about the screens. They work with clean windows 8 install. No special drivers or anything. They are both recognized as Generic PnP monitor. Intel HD4000 control panel calls one "Digital screen" and the other "Internal screen". I am guessing it uses either LVDS or displayPort to connect to it internally. But I am not sure if HD4000 has two LVDS outputs. Not even sure if that matters much. Intel HD4000 in this CPU supports three displays. I am guessing two internal ones and HDMI or VGA. Or maybe using the VGA/HDMI disables one of the internal ones (not likely, I would say).

I installed Windows just now. Interesting thing about the screens. They work with clean windows 8 install. No special drivers or anything. They are both recognized as Generic PnP monitor. Intel HD4000 control panel calls one "Digital screen" and the other "Internal screen". I am guessing it uses either LVDS or displayPort to connect to it internally. But I am not sure if HD4000 has two LVDS outputs. Not even sure if that matters much. Intel HD4000 in this CPU supports three displays. I am guessing two internal ones and HDMI or VGA. Or maybe using the VGA/HDMI disables one of the internal ones (not likely, I would say).

If you install the latest Intel drivers you can see connection type in the Graphics Properties from Intel.

You could always connect an external monitor to HDMI to see what happens with the internal displays.

One screen is shown as DisplayPort and the other as Internal DisplayPort. And I can't connect anything to the HDMi because it uses micro-HDMI (or whatever it is called) and I don't have an adapter. I tried using the VGA port. This one disables the tablet screen.

I got the touchpad to work a bit better using the elan touch drivers. Though it will drive me crazy. It apparently has major issues with clicking and/or dragging which seems to be more of a lottery than actual working. And scrolling seems to fly somewhere as soon as I try to do anything. But it's still better than it was before. I will have to check the configuration a bit to see if I can do anything about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back