Contribute
Register

Asus Taichi - installing Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Got it to boot through clover with one of the configs from there. But it doesn't seem to change anything. I still can't erase the volume. I've formatted one in windows with exFAT so the installer actually mounts it. But erase still fails.

I did a backup to a few DVDs of all the partitions (as far as I know the backup thing in Windows 8 actually backups the whole volume structure) so maybe I could try to format the whole drive. I apparently don't have much choice. Unless someone has any other ideas.

You evidently did not read the thread linked in post #7.

Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-boo...-same-drive-without-erasing-2.html#post824803

I did. But I did manage to read the EFI partition size incorrectly. It was 100MB and I read it as 900 (it was the size of the partition next to it).

Anyway. I did erase the complete drive and installed the thing. It is working. So that's good. What isn't good is the fact that I can't boot it without USB. I did install clover onto the internal drive and I copied the config from the USB to the EFI partition. but it doesn't boot. It just pops me into the BIOS/EFI thingy and gives me no option to boot anything.

I did. But I did manage to read the EFI partition size incorrectly. It was 100MB and I read it as 900 (it was the size of the partition next to it).

Anyway. I did erase the complete drive and installed the thing. It is working. So that's good. What isn't good is the fact that I can't boot it without USB. I did install clover onto the internal drive and I copied the config from the USB to the EFI partition. but it doesn't boot. It just pops me into the BIOS/EFI thingy and gives me no option to boot anything.

What is the contents of your EFI partition? ZIP and upload it as an attachment.

---

Also, now would be a good time to provide info in your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Here is the content of the EFI partition.

And I set the information that I know. I don't currently have windows installed to check for the actual chipset.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 91
Here is the content of the EFI partition.

And I set the information that I know. I don't currently have windows installed to check for the actual chipset.

It looks ok...

But some BIOS implementations will not boot UEFI unless there is a /Microsoft/BOOT/bootmgfw.efi, so you might try creating those directories and copying CLOVERX64.efi there.

Note: You definitely do not want HPFanreset.efi in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI. Your laptop is not an HP ProBook.

I did that. Doesn't help.

I did that. Doesn't help.

What is the output of:
Code:
# in Terminal
diskutil list

Also check BIOS settings to be sure UEFI boot to your HDD is enabled.

What happens if your use your BIOS boot hotkey to select the HDD/EFI directly?

I tried something else. I renamed CLOVERX64.efi to bootmgfw.efi. It now boots. Which is something.

Of course there are always things that don't work. Like USB. USB works if I boot with USB drive in the laptop (probably any USB device). As soon as I pull it out both USB's stop working. If I insert some other device into the other USB port and pull the drive out it still work. But if I pull both devices out then it stops working. It provides power. But that seems to be it.

I tried something else. I renamed CLOVERX64.efi to bootmgfw.efi. It now boots. Which is something.

That's what I wrote in post #15.

Of course there are always things that don't work. Like USB. USB works if I boot with USB drive in the laptop (probably any USB device). As soon as I pull it out both USB's stop working. If I insert some other device into the other USB port and pull the drive out it still work. But if I pull both devices out then it stops working. It provides power. But that seems to be it.

Install GenericUSBXHCI.kext and use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2.

That's what I wrote in post #15.

Technically you said to move the file there not rename it.

Thank for the USB thing. It is working now. Moving on.... I probably need some kext or something for power management. It says that battery charge is 0% (even if it is running on battery).

Any chances of getting the external display working? By external I mean the tablet one. If I close the lid and power the thing up it will power on the tablet display. It will go through loading and when it reaches the point of showing the login screen it just goes blank.

It also has two external display ports - HDMI and VGA (through some adapter). But those aren't important for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back