Contribute
Register

ASUS S550CM Mavericks Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same Laptop, were you able to get it to work?

After booting from usb (tried the different switches, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes) i get the white Apple Logo screen & the everything goes black nothing comes up after that.

Did you remove the nvidia kexts? See above...

Also, add IGPEnabler=No

Did you remove the nvidia kexts? See above...

Also, add IGPEnabler=No

thanks. ...I added IGPEnabler=No and it went ahead fine... i am currently installing it on a usb3.0 external hdd.. hoping this works correctly including all drivers like wifi n bluetooth etc if it does I will install it in internal ssd

Didn't work :(

After finishing the install it restarted back into the boot menu of the USB then i selected the hdd I partitioned & installed Mavericks on & re-entered IGPEnabler=No I get the below attached screen.

I tried multiple options they all result in the same error.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler= No

GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No

they all result in the same thing

Is is the USB 3.0 HDD? I have attached it to the USB 3.0 port on laptop.

Attachments

• 20131109_223229.jpg
    20131109_223229.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 138
I removed the external hdd and installed it in my laptop.

I do not get that kernel panic error now but it just sits there with the apple logo and a spinning circle below it after restarting on successful install.

P.s. I did a fresh format and install when I placed the external hdd inside the laptop.

I removed the external hdd and installed it in my laptop.

I do not get that kernel panic error now but it just sits there with the apple logo and a spinning circle below it after restarting on successful install.

P.s. I did a fresh format and install when I placed the external hdd inside the laptop.

It is probably a graphics problem. Boot "-v" to confirm (if you see bluetooth stuff, it is a graphics issue). If so, you can usually get it to run with "IGPEnabler=Y -x", until you resolve the graphics problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back