Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I GAMI WiFi Work with macOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z270G Gaming
CPU
I7-7700
Graphics
Gtx 1060sc
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning guys, i have a question about an asus MB, did someone of you guys have any build with an
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I GAMI?
Will integrate WiFi will work?
How it performs?

Trying to build:
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I GAMI
I7-7700
Gtx 1060sc
Crusial balistic ddr4

Thank you guy for your time.....

If this post is in the wrong plase let me know to move it, thx....

@cubano, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@cubano it mostly works, I'm using it right now.

Working:
  • NVMe and SSD (system boots in <10secs)
  • 2560 x 1440 (QNIX QX2710LED) video through DVI (using: NvidiaGraphicsFixup with Nvidia Web drivers)
  • CPU with power steps - I've seen it go as low as 800Mhz.
  • Built-in audio (using: AppleALC with audio-id=2)
  • USB 2.x, 3.x, including the USB-C connector (using: XHCI-200-series-injector and USBInjectAll)
  • Bluetooth works 100% (needs WiFi antenna plugged)
Not Working:
  • WiFi - chip is Atheros (?)
  • Other GFX ports besides DVI - I can't get dual monitors working (DVI+HDMI or DVI+DP)
  • USB 3.1 - it's listed in System Report -> USB but the USB-C is connected as 3.0.
  • System sleep - it goes to sleep but it won't wake up.
Notes:
  1. I'm using High Sierra 10.13.2
  2. I've configured the system as SMBIOS iMac14,2 (for better Nvidia support[?])
  3. Boot flags: darkwake=0 dart=0
  4. Tried Devices->ResetHDA=true to fix sleep/awake but no luck.
  5. ACPI: I'm using HDAS->HDEF DSDT patch.
  6. ACPI: I'm generating P/CStates + C2, C4, C6, C7 + HaltEnabler=true
  7. Needed to install the UEFI 64 driver EmuVariableUefi

Please let me know if you have any luck with WiFi, sleep and/or dual monitors.

@wisellama thx for your reply, I put it to work and was working till a month ago I quit hackingtosh because every time I editing videos pc freezes can’t watch videos on u2 ors fb or my own saved videos I tried with a new video card and still the same issue so I’m windows user now, against of my preferences.....thx

Sorry to know... well, if you decide to try again let me know if I can help.

@cubano it mostly works, I'm using it right now.

Working:
  • NVMe and SSD (system boots in <10secs)
  • 2560 x 1440 (QNIX QX2710LED) video through DVI (using: NvidiaGraphicsFixup with Nvidia Web drivers)
  • CPU with power steps - I've seen it go as low as 800Mhz.
  • Built-in audio (using: AppleALC with audio-id=2)
  • USB 2.x, 3.x, including the USB-C connector (using: XHCI-200-series-injector and USBInjectAll)
  • Bluetooth works 100% (needs WiFi antenna plugged)
Not Working:
  • WiFi - chip is Atheros (?)
  • Other GFX ports besides DVI - I can't get dual monitors working (DVI+HDMI or DVI+DP)
  • USB 3.1 - it's listed in System Report -> USB but the USB-C is connected as 3.0.
  • System sleep - it goes to sleep but it won't wake up.
Notes:
  1. I'm using High Sierra 10.13.2
  2. I've configured the system as SMBIOS iMac14,2 (for better Nvidia support[?])
  3. Boot flags: darkwake=0 dart=0
  4. Tried Devices->ResetHDA=true to fix sleep/awake but no luck.
  5. ACPI: I'm using HDAS->HDEF DSDT patch.
  6. ACPI: I'm generating P/CStates + C2, C4, C6, C7 + HaltEnabler=true
  7. Needed to install the UEFI 64 driver EmuVariableUefi

Please let me know if you have any luck with WiFi, sleep and/or dual monitors.
hey body replying this:" Please let me know if you have any luck with WiFi, sleep and/or dual monitors" i had it connected dual display via display port with an gtx 1060 and works just fine, but like i said b4 freezes after little bit of use editing videos or watching them and is annoying like drive me crazy, my main purposes with pc is photo editing yes PS works perfect even frozen its just with videos, when that started to happens i bout a whole new parts but the same rams....can be those but they works perfect on my win pc, but definally i will try soom againg, thx for your help......following you....

@cubano did you have to do anything special for dual monitor? DDST / SSDT, kexts, etc? Maybe we can figure out both of our issues. I need dual monitor for mobile development, but I can test the setup with games and see if I can catch the problem in logs.

@cubano did you have to do anything special for dual monitor? DDST / SSDT, kexts, etc? Maybe we can figure out both of our issues. I need dual monitor for mobile development, but I can test the setup with games and see if I can catch the problem in logs.

I'm trying to use DVI-D (main) and DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back