Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oho? New Intel GPU injection method? Please give more information. I still use your former instruction,using 0x59120000. Thanks.
See "Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen". As I said a bit earlier I don't have HDMI working yet but I'm also not using Mojave except for a bit of testing.

Intel framebuffer patching with WhateverGreen

DisplayPort works with just
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>BwCbPg==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
Perhaps with <key>disable-external-gpu</key><data>AQAAAA==</data> if, like me, you have an nVidia card that needs to be disabled under Mojave. The connectorless ig-platform-id would be "AwCSPg==" although I haven't tested that.

With a bit more work (mostly trial-and-error) I have DisplayPort and HDMI working with
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>BwCbPg==</data>
                <key>disable-external-gpu</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
                <data>AAgAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
                <data>CAAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
                <data>AgAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
                <data>/////w==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-portcount</key>
                <data>AgAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-pipecount</key>
                <data>AgAAAA==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
I'm having to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in after booting so its not perfect yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-08 at 15.48.33.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-08 at 15.48.33.png
    147 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Reactions: myc
Intel framebuffer patching with WhateverGreen

DiplayPort works with just
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>BwCbPg==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
Perhaps with <key>disable-external-gpu</key><data>AQAAAA==</data> if, like me, you have an nVidia card that needs to be disabled under Mojave. The connectorless ig-platform-id would be "AwCSPg==" although I haven't tested that.

With a bit more work (mostly trial-and-error) I have DisplayPort and HDMI working with
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>BwCbPg==</data>
                <key>disable-external-gpu</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
                <data>AAgAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
                <data>CAAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
                <data>AgAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
                <data>/////w==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-portcount</key>
                <data>AgAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-pipecount</key>
                <data>AgAAAA==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
Great, I will test then. Thanks very much.

Unfortunately the Audio and Graphics configurations listed did not work in my ASUS H370-I (i3 and built-in graphics).
Graphics are glitchy and Audio is just not there....

Unfortunately the Audio and Graphics configurations listed did not work in my ASUS H370-I (i3 and built-in graphics).
Graphics are glitchy and Audio is just not there....
i3-8100's UHD 630 may need a different device ID.

Hi!

Can you share your EFI folder?
When I have tried to install High Sierra on PC with same motherboard, the system install stuck on ''2 minutes remaining". And when I hard rebooted and tried to continue install from ssd, it also stuck on approximately same state. ("About 11 minutes remaining")

Have you had same problems?

thanks
I have the same problems right now - The instalation with UniBeast is not working - at first the instalation rushes through and then it seems the freeze at 2 Minutes - oh man this sucks... :( Does anybody has found a solution (regarding the bios or whatever can be wrong and lead to these problems...)

Thanks Guys!

I have the same problems right now - The instalation with UniBeast is not working - at first the instalation rushes through and then it seems the freeze at 2 Minutes - oh man this sucks... :( Does anybody has found a solution (regarding the bios or whatever can be wrong and lead to these problems...)

Thanks Guys!

That sounds a little bit crazy but you should to reset CMOS on your motherboard. Look at
H370-I is last case on that video (via Jumper).

Also you may update BIOS to latest version, but my problem was in CMOS.

Good luck!

freeze at 2 Minutes

This is probably when the installer is attempting to reboot but crashing instead... seems to me you haven't followed the recommendation to install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Hey Sennen, would you mind sharing your EFI?
I've been trying to get my H370 set up, but only got as far as the initial Mojave boot where it lets you create an account. I have not been able to successfully use MultiBeast, and Xdan suggested I find someone who got their H370 working and copy their EFI.

itovert, how dangerous is it to update the BIOS on the H370? Is that an option on the bootloader somewhere?

thank you

Here's a Mojave EFI folder for Asus ROG Strix H370-I GAMING (note an EFI folder, not the one I'm using, as I have tried to make it generic and barebones). Ultimately, learning to create and edit your own config.plist, install Clover, select and install kexts etc is preferable to copying another install, and there are some points to consider:
  • I have tested it on Mojave 10.14.2 but not High Sierra
  • It is intended for situations where the iGPU is used to drive a display. This dictates the ig-platform-id and choice of an iMac18,1 SMBIOS. I can't test a connector-less setup without Nvidia drivers or an AMD graphics card but it would use an iMac18,3 SMBIOS and:
    Code:
    <data>AwCSPg==</data>
  • From what I've read i3-8100 UHD 630 uses a different device ID to i7-9700K:
    Code:
    <data>kj4AAA==</data>
  • In order to meet the 15 USB port limit the folder includes an SSDT-UIAC.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched that excludes several ports. I have chosen to exclude the internal USB2.0 headers as I don't use them, and ports HS05 and SS05 (one of the internal-to-front-panel USB 3.1Gen1 ports; USB3.0 uses 2 ports, the second is for USB2.0). If you need those ports to work, follow RehabMan's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/) and modify the SSDT-UIAC to exclude other ports instead. I have attached my uncompiled SSDT-UIAC.dsl file which has a full list of ports; the excluded ports are commented out i.e. within /* --- */ comments
  • It doesn't include fixes for the iGPU HDMI port (2nd display for me) that I posted earlier. That can be copy and pasted in if needed
  • It also doesn't include kexts etc for WiFi/BT (only useful if the WiFi/BT module is swapped)
  • You won't get the benefits of "Install RC scripts on target volume" (this, along with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, is part of the solution to H370's NVRAM problems that I don't fully understand) by copying an EFI folder. Run the Clover installer for this
  • These may not be the absolutely latest versions of Clover and kexts and I don't intend to keep this up to date. On the other hand please point out any mistakes I've made
  • If you have previously installed kexts to /Library/Extensions and/or /System/Library/Extensions you would need to clean them out or do a fresh OS install; I have kexts in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
  • Credit goes to CorpNewt's vanilla guide

Attachments

• Asus ROG STRIX H370 10.14.x iMac18,1 EFI.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 346
  • SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Reactions: myc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back