Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just because I was at 17 ports and needed to exclude 2. I might make use of the BT port at some point.

Sennen, I have the Rog Strix B360-I gaming version of this board - how do I work out which USB ports are which like you did? I can't get the USB 3 ports to work.

Last edited:
It's all covered by RehabMan's excellent guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/.

However, when you create the USB installer and after installation you should have all ports working with Inject and FixOwnership, USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-300-series-injector.kext plus the macOS-version-specific port limit patch in config.plist (i.e. the steps I already mentioned :)).
Could you maybe share your config.plist?

Hello Sennen,

how do you configurat the BIOS of the ROG Strix H370-I befor Boot and installing the OS?

I've probably forgotten some settings, and others may not be needed but:
  • VT-d: Disabled
  • Above 4G Decoding: Disabled
  • Primary Display: PCIE for High Sierra with Nvidia graphics card or CPU Graphics for Mojave
  • Legacy USB Support: Enabled
  • Launch CSM: Enabled

Do you use the onboard Wifi+Bluetooth?

At the moment no but I have a Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth card waiting to be tested when I next disassemble the computer.

what SMBIOS Preset did you use?
I think the SMBIOS of the new MacMini8,1 could be perfect because of the CPU and OnBoard-Graphic.

Not sure about presets but I use iMac18,3 with the Nvidia graphics card and iMac18,1 without (i.e. for Mojave).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back