Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep/wake hasn't failed since installing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi although I have to admit I haven't investigated the subject of NVRAM much.

As a test, I cloned High Sierra to an spare drive and installed Mojave from the App Store without problems. Obviously can't use it much without Nvidia drivers.

Hey Sennen, thanks for the great write-up on your setup. Nearly got my H370i hackintosh completed as well, but I'm still having issues with the patched SSDT (USB3 not working on all ports). Would really appreciate if you could upload your SSDT-UIAC!

Thanks!

I don't think using ready-made configuration files is the right approach. In the case of USB, follow RehabMan's guide, work out where you went wrong and make your own choice over which ports to include/exclude.

Thanks for the reply, I got exactly the same board and CPU though. Therefore would be awesome to see your AML to see where ours differ!

Assuming you still have USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-series-injector.kext installed, have disabled or removed the port limit patch in config.plist, and have a compiled SSDT-UIAC.aml file in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, I can only think of two reasons for a port not working; either you're trying to include more than 15 ports or you're trying to use one that you've excluded.

Forgot about the limit, thanks a lot. I can cut down on the onboard USB and the Aura LEDs so that should work out. Did you use 255 for the onboard ports and 9 or 10 for USB-C (got no device for testing)? Also did you revert all of the renaming in your plist (e.g. EHC1->EH01)?

In testing, the USB-C port was SS04/HS04 in both orientations so that would be UsbConnector type 9. I used type 255 for the Bluetooth port, type 3 for the front panel USB 3.1 ports and disabled everything else that wasn't on the back panel (at the moment I also have one of the front panel ports disabled to get get down to 15 in total).

There is no EHCI controller so no need to rename EHC1 or EHC2 (as I understand it).

Right, thanks again. Is there any special reason for enabling the bluetooth port since Intel bluetooth isn't working anyway?

It's just because I was at 17 ports and needed to exclude 2. I might make use of the BT port at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back