Contribute
Register

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I couldn't understand the guide, could you please tell me how did you install your audio drivers?
If you use chameleon/chimera use newest mutibeast and install only alc1150 without dsdt or wait for dsdt patch list.

If you use clover, create folder /Extra and files /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist (empty text doc) and /Extra/dsdt.aml (empty text doc). Then install newest mutibeast only alc1150 with dsdt

I'm using clover. where do i have to make folder? where is /EXTRA ? AND from where can i download org.chameleon.boot.plist. Sorry i don't know much about hackintosh, that is my first hackintosh.
Thanks

Thanks shilohh i managed to install alc1150 drivers with multibeast but there is no sound? what have i done wrong? :crazy:

Hi!

I've just finished the first part of my installation of 10.9.4 (10.9.3 + combo update) in my new RIVBE. This was done using mainly the Shilohh's guidefor i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM, so THANKS SHILOHH! It is my first build and I think it is going quite ok at the moment.
I have an asus GTX 780 Direct CU II OC in a lower PCIe slot due to the proximity of the Noctua DH-14. I left the default drivers due to the fact that the WebDrivers from Nvdia kept of being setted back in 10.9.3 (probably part of an issue I cannot figure out being a noob ;)
There is one thing I wanted to ask, I did not read this thread in time and I created an DSDT based on the instructions of Shilohh's guide. I know see that it is suggested to wait for the correct DSDT patch list.
Do you recommend me to delete the DSDT I have created or I can just use that until you generate the new Patch list and make a new file?

I will continue adding Bluetooth and WIFI and trying to solve the issues linked to imessage, etc

Thanks in advance for the time and help of all the forum. I'm extremely gratefull for all the support.

@ Shilohh: If you need to run other "noob proof" tests on my machine let me know.

Thanks

Attached is my first beta patch list for R4BE. Guide: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Guide: Create your DSDT in 5 min using MacIASL.
Please save me an IOReg and report any issues you have

Notes: Fixes IRQ mapping, adds HDEF for audio if toleda's patched ALC1150 kext is installed, fixes some USB 2.0 issues, and lots more. From what I can tell your WIFI is loading properly without the need for ACPI patching. Also FYI, I remove the PS2 mouse and keyboard device as part of the IRQ mapping so you won't be able to use PS2 devices. read the patch list for more info.

Warning: Make sure you delete all other patched ACPI files if you're currently using any (Andrew's SSDTs) except for the CPUPM SSDT (PikerAlpha's prGen).

For bluetooth try this kext:
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/

Attachments

• R4BE_DSDT_Patch_07-2014v2.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 183
Attached is my first beta patch list for R4BE. Guide: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Guide: Create your DSDT in 5 min using MacIASL.
Please save me an IOReg and report any issues you have

Notes: Fixes IRQ mapping, adds HDEF for audio if toleda's patched ALC1150 kext is installed, fixes some USB 2.0 issues, and lots more. From what I can tell your WIFI is loading properly without the need for ACPI patching. Also FYI, I remove the PS2 mouse and keyboard device as part of the IRQ mapping so you won't be able to use PS2 devices. read the patch list for more info.

Warning: Make sure you delete all other patched ACPI files if you're currently using any (Andrew's SSDTs) except for the CPUPM SSDT (PikerAlpha's prGen).

For bluetooth try this kext:
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/

I've just tested and seems to be working fine including sleeping and waking up.

Here's an IOReg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0s1owyh9h12wh5u/R4BE_2014v2_Reportv1.zip

I'm sorry I didn't mention that I bought Apple Broadcom94360CD pcie module and disabled motherboard's wifi and bluetooth. I hope this doesn't make huge differences. I'll report here if I get any problem.
Thank shilohh for your great efforts!

I'm sorry I didn't mention that I bought Apple Broadcom94360CD pcie module and disabled motherboard's wifi and bluetooth. I hope this doesn't make huge differences.
Actually it does make a difference. I thought that was the onboard wifi loaded. I can enable the onboard with a dsdt edit but left it out because I saw a post that said it already worked OOB and I saw yours loaded. I'll look farther into it and create a new list later

Actually it does make a difference. I thought that was the onboard wifi loaded. I can enable the onboard with a dsdt edit but left it out because I saw a post that said it already worked OOB and I saw yours loaded. I'll look farther into it and create a new list later

Wi-Fi can be enabled by either adding a device id into Info.plist or editing the DSDT. Below I quote DSDT edit method taken from Andrew's SSDT.

Code:
Scope (\_SB)
{
    Scope (PCI0)
    {
        Scope (PEX3)
        {
            Device (ARPT)
            {
                Name (_ADR, Zero)
[FONT=Verdana]                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)[/FONT]
                {
                    0x0B, 
                    0x05
                })
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    [FONT=Verdana]If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))[/FONT]                    
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03
                        })
                    }
[FONT=Verdana]                    Return[/FONT] (Package (0x0E)
                    {
                        "AAPL,slot-name", 
                        Buffer (0x09)
                        {
                            "Internal"
                        }, 
                        "name", 
                        "AirPort Extreme", 
                        "compatible", 
                        "pci14e4,43a0", 
                        "IOName", 
                        "pci14e4,43a0", 
                        "device_type", 
                        "AirPort", 
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0xA0, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "model", 
                        Buffer (0x33)
                        {
                            "Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter"
                        }
                    })
                }
            }
[FONT=Verdana]        }
    }   
}
[/FONT]

Again, I appreciate for your work and of course Andrew's too.

I'm familiar with the edit as I used a similar one in the X79-Deluxe patch list. I was just thrown off because I thought the R4BE onboard would load without it. Thanks

From here out I'll only post updates at my DSDT thread in an effort to keep this thread clean.

Finally got sound working on R4BE thought front HID jack, but i coudn't get audio working from HDMI to monitors built in speaker.

Thanks Devs :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back