Contribute
Register

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for responding Arctix!

I'm going to try and get bluetooth up and running today with your suggested route.

I'm also going to begin modifying my kexts to get wifi running, thanks for suggesting IORegistryExplorer. I've been using "System Info" and have now identified the Broadcom device thanks to your help. There is one bit that is a little curious though. By searching "bcm" in IORegistry I get a completely different device ID from when I use System Info. I've attached a screen grab to show this.

I'm gunna try both and see what works, but thanks again for the response! Cant wait to start seeing more RIVBE builds!

Good to see you got out of the kernel panic!

The bcm20702a0 entry in IOregexplorer is the bluetooth.

I'm not sure what that is in System info, maybe its the wifi? The wifi is a bcm4352 I think? Which I just found a version of bcm43xx.kext and, using the same solution as before - adding the device id's to the kext before installing with kext utility.

I don't think I ended up finding the wifi in IORegExplorer in the end either. I just booted into windows, and in device manager -> right click -> properties to flick through and find the device id and vendor id.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Arctix,
I wanted to ask you for some advice. I have a hackintosh with RIVBE, 4930k. My GPU is a 550Ti. I use the hackintosh for work. All I do is code on it and some office productivity. The system freezes every now and then. Previously Xcode was the only program that used to make it hang, but now the frequency has gone annoyingly up, so kindly tell me a few things:

1. How stable is your build?

2. What are the hardware specs? I am especially interested in your GPU, as some crash logs mention graphicscore.kext to be responsible.

3. You mentioned that you used a hacked IVB-E kernel. I used one myself. Can you please point me to where did you get it from?

Is there any one else who has a stable RIVBE based hackintosh?

Hi Arctix,
I wanted to ask you for some advice. I have a hackintosh with RIVBE, 4930k. My GPU is a 550Ti. I use the hackintosh for work. All I do is code on it and some office productivity. The system freezes every now and then. Previously Xcode was the only program that used to make it hang, but now the frequency has gone annoyingly up, so kindly tell me a few things:

1. How stable is your build?

2. What are the hardware specs? I am especially interested in your GPU, as some crash logs mention graphicscore.kext to be responsible.

3. You mentioned that you used a hacked IVB-E kernel. I used one myself. Can you please point me to where did you get it from?

Is there any one else who has a stable RIVBE based hackintosh?

Hi Jaraheel,

So far I haven't had any issues with my build regarding kernel panics or freezes. After installing new kexts, I find I have to rebuild the kernel caches through terminal manually though otherwise chameleon doesn't use them.

My current build is as follows, I will be upgrading my graphics card to 2 x 770's:

Asus Rampage IV Black Edition + 4930K

G.Skill 64GB 2400 RipjawZ F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD

GeForce GTX 570 Graphics Card

2 x Samsung 840 Pro SSD for OSX and Win 7.

Bunch of other HDD's.

I don't see my system using graphicscore.kext ? I searched this in 'System Information' -> 'Extensions' - which shows me the loaded kexts. Do you know where the kext is located?

I hex edited my own kernel, because this post wasn't up, and I had tried the precompiled one by Stinga with no luck. Though, since then there is a post that contains it. I'm not sure if this forum will let me post a link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291831-asus-sabertooth-x79-ivy-bridge-e-4930k/page-9 - Post 179 (if not search google Sabertooth 4930K Mavericks - and goto page 9 of the insanely mac forum)

When 10.9.2 comes out, we won't need a patched kernel.

FYI - Remember to update your SMbios to a Mac6,1 so you can get the valid Mac Pro updates for your install.

Good luck! :)

Hi Arctix,
Thanks so much for your response.

I think I am up for a fresh install of Mavericks. Previously I used some other guide for installation. Were your installation steps the one mentioned on tonymacx86 guide? Also are you using a DSDT or an SSDT?

Hi Arctix,
Thanks so much for your response.

I think I am up for a fresh install of Mavericks. Previously I used some other guide for installation. Were your installation steps the one mentioned on tonymacx86 guide? Also are you using a DSDT or an SSDT?

Woops! I mentioned something and my post was denied! I said too much! lol :p

I didn't use a guide for the install, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be that much different than using the Rampage extreme guide and just adapting it to the new components. I used "something else" for the install, but I did use Multibeast for basic kexts, like audio and USB 3 etc.

I'm using a basic DSDT, but plan on swapping out Chameleon to Clover soon for full UEFI. I'm not sure about SSDT's as we don't have full speedstepping on 2011 yet, if anyone knows more about this - post away! :p

Could you post a guide on how to add the wifi Articx? I'll be buying a rampage iv be soon specially with the new Mavericks update coming out.

Also are you using dsdt or dsdt free?

Could you post a guide on how to add the wifi Articx? I'll be buying a rampage iv be soon specially with the new Mavericks update coming out.

Also are you using dsdt or dsdt free?

Hi Cylar,

Wifi is seen as a bcm4360 (as attached kext), which is added to IO80211Family.kext, and device ID added to the plist.

Wake on wifi, Airdrop and all wireless modes including AC are supported (as attached screenshot)

At the moment, I'm using a basic dsdt with minimal patches (which I can run without) - though I'm waiting for 10.9.2 release for native power management, then will be using a SSDT solution and EUFI with Clover.

Hope this all helps :)

Attachments

• AirPortBrcm4360.kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 204
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-16 at 9.04.58 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-16 at 9.04.58 pm.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 209
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...lack-edition-stuck-apple-logo.html#post762893

Hi Cylar,

Wifi is seen as a bcm4360 (as attached kext), which is added to IO80211Family.kext, and device ID added to the plist.

Wake on wifi, Airdrop and all wireless modes including AC are supported (as attached screenshot)

At the moment, I'm using a basic dsdt with minimal patches (which I can run without) - though I'm waiting for 10.9.2 release for native power management, then will be using a SSDT solution and EUFI with Clover.

Hi Cylar,

Is it possible to make it detect more than 14 channels? My 5GHz line is 48 and won't go lower.

Also; Could you please post your IObluetooth kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back