Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage III Formula/BFGTech GTX 285/i7 890X/12G - Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've been using this motherboard for a while on both Snow Leopard and Lion and it works really well, just look at the screenshots I've attached for you, one shows all of the options I choose in muiltibeast and if you follow those options i exactly ticked on Muiltibeast 4.1 your hackintosh will work fine, I also attached another screenshot and a kext file that may help your internet to work, to install the kext, unzip it on the desktop then run Kextbeast (as shown on screenshot) then reboot and you shouldn't have any internet problems, if you do still have an issue with the networking try adding the arch=i386 flag in your .plist file located in the extras folder then reboot again. Hope that helps and let me know how that goes. :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-24 at 1.23.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-24 at 1.23.42 PM.png
    496.4 KB · Views: 433
  • Screen Shot 2011-11-24 at 1.20.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-24 at 1.20.14 PM.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 377
  • OpenIntelEthernet.kext.zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 145
y09ur7pr1d3 said:
Ok I've been using this motherboard for a while on both Snow Leopard and Lion and it works really well, just look at the screenshots I've attached for you, one shows all of the options I choose in muiltibeast and if you follow those options i exactly ticked on Muiltibeast 4.1 your hackintosh will work fine, I also attached another screenshot and a kext file that may help your internet to work, to install the kext, unzip it on the desktop then run Kextbeast (as shown on screenshot) then reboot and you shouldn't have any internet problems, if you do still have an issue with the networking try adding the arch=i386 flag in your .plist file located in the extras folder then reboot again. Hope that helps and let me know how that goes. :thumbup:

MAN, I love you. I am going to try this right now!!! I just got into Lion and installed successfully. Going to use Multibeast now. What about for my video card? I have a Nvidia GTX570. And is everything working flawlessly for you? I am afraid it might be unstable when I do video editing for work.

thingamagid said:
y09ur7pr1d3 said:
Ok I've been using this motherboard for a while on both Snow Leopard and Lion and it works really well, just look at the screenshots I've attached for you, one shows all of the options I choose in MultiBeast and if you follow those options i exactly ticked on MultiBeast 4.1 your hackintosh will work fine, I also attached another screenshot and a kext file that may help your internet to work, to install the kext, unzip it on the desktop then run Kextbeast (as shown on screenshot) then reboot and you shouldn't have any internet problems, if you do still have an issue with the networking try adding the arch=i386 flag in your .plist file located in the extras folder then reboot again. Hope that helps and let me know how that goes. :thumbup:

MAN, I love you. I am going to try this right now!!! I just got into Lion and installed successfully. Going to use MultiBeast now. What about for my video card? I have a Nvidia GTX570. And is everything working flawlessly for you? I am afraid it might be unstable when I do video editing for work.

Ok, I did what you said and it booted fine. A couple of things though:

1. When its gets to the loader, it is not Automatically loading. It waits until I press enter. It loaded by itself in Snow Leopard.

2. The USB power cuts out when loading Lion. Everything loads fine until Lion loads. The USB power gets cut and I can't do anything because my keyboard and mouse are disabled.

3. What about the JMicronATX controller in the "disk" MultiBeast selection. Some other guy on this forum said to check it. Also, the 3rd party eSATA. What happens if you check that? Can you get your eSATA and SATA to work or is already working with EasyBeast? I haven't had a chance to test my eSATA and SATA.

4. My resolution is very low but I am guessing that's because I have installed the correct Kexts for my Nvidia.

5. Internet is still not working. It worked in SL for some reason when I used someone's CUSTOM DSDT and installed a network driver from MultiBeast 3.9. Where do I add the arch I3896 command? I see the extras folder I just don't know where to add it.

If you are running Lion, use MultiBeast 4.1+ to install the proper kexts and kernel flags. Check the MultiBeast Features document, p3, for the EastBeast and UserDSDT defaults. Chances are you can be all set just using MultiBeast. I've put my MultiBeast 4.1 configuration screen snapshot in my Z68 build description which might be helpful to you.

y09ur7pr1d3 said:

I have everything working now expect these:

1. Esata port is not working. I cannot connect my external hard drive.
2. I cannot shutdown. restart, or sleep. First 2 crash my computer and 3rd nothing happens.
3. Video card is at full resolution but slow performance. I heard something about power management or system definitions?

Did you have any luck with these on your system? Please let me know. Thanks!

y09ur7pr1d3 said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=188991#p188991 Hey look at this forum topic they seem to know about getting your video card to work.

Awesome! Would you know anything about these?:

1. Esata port is not working. I cannot connect my external hard drive.
2. I cannot shutdown. restart, or sleep. First 2 crash my computer and 3rd nothing happens.
3. Video card is at full resolution but slow performance. I heard something about power management or system definitions?

Did you have any luck with these on your system? Please let me know. Thanks!

You said to switch the Onboard 6G controller to AHCI

Then it says change the controller to IDE and then to Compatible.

What controller is it that you're talking about for the second step?

Without completing that step in question, I get the apple logo, the loading circle, and a circle with a line through it over the apple.

Any help is appreaciated!

I have reset my BIOS to default settings.

I have switched the 6G onboard configuration to AHCI

I have set the System Configuration to IDE and Compatible

However, the installer will only boot to the Apple Logo with the spinning loader symbol.

I am using the Snow Leopard retail disk.

Am I missing something here?

I've spent 2 full nights trying to get the Ethernet port to be recognized on my Rampage III Formula.

What am I doing wrong?

I have the OpenIntelEthernet.kext in my Extra/Extensions folder and I have installed it with Kext Beast, Kext Utility and Drag and Drop.

I get everything to boot up just fine and then get limited to my local drive for resources......so frustrating.

All help is GREATLY appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back