Contribute
Register

Asus Q301LA-bsi5t17 (S301LA) – Yosemite Clover Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
After booting into windows I see that it is an elan touchpad. 4.0 or 4.0.5? I don't see 4.0 anywhere and 4.0.5 is giving me the 'probably not a real elan touchpad' error. I'll try 3.8.5 but I believe it also gave me the error. Do you happen to have a link for 4.0 or could post your kext?

I'm using 4.0.5. rename the attached (remove 4.0)View attachment ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext4.0.zip

do you have any other PS2 kexts either in refi/clover/kexts or S/L/E?

I removed all the kexts mentioned in that thread along with voodoo and yes from efi as well. 4.0.5 doesn't work. 'Not a real Elan trackpad' elan keyboard is detected and works fine. I'll just use voodoo for now to at least have single finger support

I posted in the forum for that elan kext so I've put that off for now. How exactly did you get your audio working? After that I just have one error when I patch my dsdt but I'll probably have to figure that out on my own.

I removed all the kexts mentioned in that thread along with voodoo and yes from efi as well. 4.0.5 doesn't work. 'Not a real Elan trackpad' elan keyboard is detected and works fine. I'll just use voodoo for now to at least have single finger support

did you try the v4 I attached in my previous post?

I posted in the forum for that elan kext so I've put that off for now. How exactly did you get your audio working? After that I just have one error when I patch my dsdt but I'll probably have to figure that out on my own.

patched dsdt. used patched applehda. in the applehda patch request thread (google it) there's many versions for alc233 in that thread. find one that works for you or google patch applehda guide and try to fix it yourself (good to learn anyways)

Do you think you could post your dsdt for this laptop? I patched mine with one sbrn error but fixed it and compiled with no errors but still don't have battery status. Also about the zip you posted earlier, it unzips as some folders and when I try to rename the zip as just kext it doesn't see it as a kext file. Thanks for your help by the way. Dual booting win 8.1 and Yosemite is nice with clover

Edit: I think the kext file has to be in a folder and then you can right click the folder and compress the folder as a zip

Do you think you could post your dsdt for this laptop? I patched mine with one sbrn error but fixed it and compiled with no errors but still don't have battery status. Also about the zip you posted earlier, it unzips as some folders and when I try to rename the zip as just kext it doesn't see it as a kext file. Thanks for your help by the way. Dual booting win 8.1 and Yosemite is nice with clover

Edit: I think the kext file has to be in a folder and then you can right click the folder and compress the folder as a zip

I'll try to upload the dsdt later tonight.

Regarding the zip. uncompress. rename "folder" to ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext

For Battery, I've updated (redid the whole dsdt) my dsdt patches to the battery_ASUS_G75VW.txt patches.

also, I forgot to add that I'm using Rehabman's acpi battery kext

Oh sorry you're right. I was unzipping in windows or something. Works fine on Yosemite. I removed all other ps2 kexts but I'm still getting the not a real elan touchpad error after installing to s/l/e. I think my patched dsdt is fine, after installing the battery kext I now have working battery status. Thanks!

Oh sorry you're right. I was unzipping in windows or something. Works fine on Yosemite. I removed all other ps2 kexts but I'm still getting the not a real elan touchpad error after installing to s/l/e. I think my patched dsdt is fine, after installing the battery kext I now have working battery status. Thanks!

You can try asking in the other forum about your elan error.

also you can follow this thread and see if there was a fix

Yeah I've already sent a PM to the dev about their beta testing, for now I'm using the Voodoops2controller. I patched my applehda but can't get internal mic working.. its detecting it but not actually working unfortunately. External speakers and earphones work fine though, had to patch the earphones as the original kext from that site had choppy headphone jack sound. Mine still occasionally does some funny things though. Do you think you could up your applehda kext and hdef dsdt edits? I'm just waiting for the wifi card to show up and I should be good to go. Have you updated to 10.10.2? Should just update like a real mac correct? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back