Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt Z490 Creator Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Stork, @dukekaboom and @wwanxh,

So what is the progress with the build? Did you guys get all components yet? I am still in the process of getting components; pandemic, price inflation and stock issues are delaying to get some components on my part. Let me know if you guys have done it already!! At least will have something to keep myself busy in this frustratingly long process of getting all components -_-

Hi,
I have my system built, using the following components:
i7 10700K with Cooler Master 4 pipe Hyper212-EVO
ASUS ProArt Creator Z490 w/Thunderbolt 3
32GB DDR 3200 - XPG
1TB Nvme M2 - Crucial P1
Fractal Define R6 Case (highly recommended! very quiet! and well built)
Integrated graphics (for now)
2x 27" monitors

I will also be installing 2x 6TB spinning drives later for media storage (intention is to use for audio and video editing)

The basic AI overclock reports 39% boost, and everything is super cool temperature wise (though not been under any major load yet). Will look into and tweak this more later.

I haven't installed MacOS yet, just prepping media now. I'm going to start out with the tony way and will in parallel work on building an OpenCore boot disk as well. Tony's method is a lot more straightforward vs OpenCore which is still very manual and time consuming to go through, however I have seen lots of online posts about successful Z490 builds with it.

Fingers crossed.

Hi,
32GB DDR 3200 - XPG
1TB Nvme M2 - Crucial P1
Fractal Define R6 Case (highly recommended! very quiet! and well built)
Integrated graphics (for now)
2x 27" monitors

I will also be installing 2x 6TB spinning drives later for media storage (intention is to use for audio and video editing)

The basic AI overclock reports 39% boost, and everything is super cool temperature wise (though not been under any major load yet). Will look into and tweak this more later.

I haven't installed MacOS yet, just prepping media now. I'm going to start out with the tony way and will in parallel work on building an OpenCore boot disk as well. Tony's method is a lot more straightforward vs OpenCore which is still very manual and time consuming to go through, however I have seen lots of online posts about successful Z490 builds with it.

Fingers crossed.

Ok awesome, I will use my build for video editing and rendering as well. I am going for Cooler Master Cosmos C700M as it has lots of space, fully modular and can mount fans in all 4 sides. Let's hope for best

Hi,

Fingers crossed.
It's my understanding that Clover doesn't work on the 490 motherboards & 10th gen processors. So, most of the 490 builds are using OpenCore.

However, I just got my 490 ProArt Creator, processor, memory, graphics card and PSU together. So tomorrow I my try UniBeast for Catalina updated with the latest Clover. (Fingers crossed.)

It's my understanding that Clover doesn't work on the 490 motherboards & 10th gen processors. So, most of the 490 builds are using OpenCore.

However, I just got my 490 ProArt Creator, processor, memory, graphics card and PSU together. So tomorrow I my try UniBeast for Catalina updated with the latest Clover. (Fingers crossed.)

That is awesome @Stork!! Really looking forward to get more updates on your progress. I am surely gonna use ProArt Z490 Creator as well and I talked to Asus support, I will be able to use 128GB RAM on it and I have checked their DIMM QVL suggestion as well!!

What will the name be for this new creation ?
I haven't thought about that, yet. How does ProArt sound? :D If I get the Thunderbolt working, I can name it Thunderball II. :thumbup:

I haven't thought about that, yet. How does ProArt sound? :D If I get the Thunderbolt working, I can name it Thunderball II. :thumbup:
Sounds good. Now you just need to get Adamsmasher to make some critters for each of your 7 builds. :)

Nobody else made a hackintosh build with ProArt Z490 yet, you will be the first one to make it; so the name ProArt will be justified

If you do go the OpenCore route, here's some links that should help:

https://github.com/jergoo/Hackintosh-ROG-STRIX-Z490I - Asus specific, very well documented.

https://github.com/xiaovie/-Hackintosh-i7-10700k-ROG-STRIX-Z490-A-GAMING-RX-590.zip/releases Asus specific, good stuff.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-rog-strix-z490-e-gaming-i9-10900k-opencore.299137/ My thread, bits stolen from the others listed here.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/. The Bible, updated with Comet Lake specifics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back