Contribute
Register

ASUS prime Z370-A Big Sur 11.2 sleep problem

I don't know if my hand edited SSDT files are compatible with newer versions

Your SSDT files appear to work fine with Opencore 0.8.2 and 0.8.3 after I updated the ASUS Z370-A BIOS to the latest version - 2801.

OCAT V.20220230 - latest version - worked out fine to update your EFI folder to Opencore 0.8.3 and install macOS Ventura beta 2 on Signature/300 Series-1 build.

Glad to hear it's working. It bodes well for the eventual public release of macOS Ventura next month.

@miliuco has a helpful post explaining the new LoadEarly key in NVRAM, and required kext updates for Ventura beta - see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-opencore-0-8-2-0-8-3-differences.321593/#post-2332946

I'm quite satisfied with the choice of this motherboard since it's essentially fully compatible via OpenCore with native NVRAM support and no CFG Lock. It's also one of the reasons I can afford to skip OC releases since the incremental hardware related patches in OC and the various support kexts generally don't affect this motherboard.

Opencore 0.8.3 still OK for the latest Ventura beta updates - did have to update Lilu.kext to v.1.6.2

I appreciate you keeping us informed of your macOS Ventura adventure. :thumbup:

It was time for my quarterly maintenance update so I moved to the latest OpenCore 0.8.5. It was also my first foray into automating the update process using OCAT. I found the software a bit quirky (particularly the kext update mechanism) but it did appear to properly update everything. NZRichard has done the hard work of beta testing Ventura for our motherboard so I expect that this OC 0.8.5 update should support the final release version of Ventura, which is expected to drop later this month. So kudos to him!

The latest EFI folder is attached along with the standard reminder that you'll need to input your own PlatformInfo values for ROM (onboard ethernet MAC address), MLB, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID to ensure that the various iServices work properly.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11 MB · Views: 43
Back