CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I have problem with ASUS prime Z370-A, intel cpu 8700k at 11.2 big sur with 0.6.6 opencore. Otherwise all are fine except sleep.
When i press sleep all the time hdd led flash goes to black screen and then never awake.
I have to push reset to reboot and goes into mac os big sur again.

Is there any solution for this?

I have the same Motherboard and am having major issues trying to install Big Sur via OC.

Would you be able to share your OC EFI folder so that I might be able to at least get a complete install.
After that, I may be able to help you troubleshoot your sleep issues from there... Thanks!

I also have an ASUS Prime Z370-A board with an i7-8700K and just updated my EFI to OpenCore 0.6.8 (attached). The folder contains custom SSDT's, mapped USB ports, patches for Intel UHD630 graphics and audio layout, and Open Canopy graphical boot picker support. To my knowledge, everything works (iMessage, FaceTime, audio, sleep/wake, NVRAM, FileVault, etc.). Of course, correctly functioning iServices will require that the OpenCore PlatformInfo values for ROM, MLB, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID be generated for an iMac19,1 and your onboard ethernet MAC address. The Dortania Guide provides instructions for that:

For this particular motherboard, the biggest issue is that you have to enable Booter:Quirks:EnableWriteProtector and disable Booter:Quirks:RebuildAppleMemoryMap to get OpenCore to boot properly. You'll also need to enable Kernel:Quirks: DisableRtcChecksum to avoid occasional BIOS corruption on shutdown/reboot. Lastly, the acpi-wake-type patch doesn't work so you'll need the igfxonln=1 and darkwake=1 boot flags for proper wake behavior.

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.6.8 EFI for ASUS Prime Z370A (UHD630 Graphics).zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 405
Last edited:
I also have an ASUS Prime Z370-A board with an i7-8700K and just updated my EFI to OpenCore 0.6.8 (attached). The folder contains custom SSDT's, mapped USB ports, patches for Intel UHD630 graphics and audio layout, and Open Canopy graphical boot picker support. To my knowledge, everything works (iMessage, FaceTime, audio, sleep/wake, NVRAM, FileVault, etc.). Of course, correctly functioning iServices will require that the OpenCore PlatformInfo values for ROM, MLB, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID be generated for an iMac19,1 and your onboard ethernet MAC address. The Dortania Guide provides instructions for that:

For this particular motherboard, the biggest issue is that you have to enable Booter:Quirks:EnableWriteProtector and disable Booter:Quirks:RebuildAppleMemoryMap to get OpenCore to boot properly. You'll also need to enable Kernel:Quirks: DisableRtcChecksum to avoid occasional BIOS corruption on shutdown/reboot. Lastly, the acpi-wake-type patch doesn't work so you'll need the igfxonln=1 and darkwake=1 boot flags for proper wake behavior.
Could your EFi use for ASUS Z370-F

Could your EFi use for ASUS Z370-F
Well, it's based on the Coffee Lake config.plist from Dortania so it might work. You can give it a shot and report back. However, my guess is that you'll likely need to adapt the EFI for your motherboard. I manually edited the SSDT's in the ACPI folder from the BIOS extracted from my motherboard so they may not be correct for your motherboard's firmware. If they don't work, you can go to the Dortania website and download premade Coffee Lake SSDT replacements here:

Other than that, the USB I/O on the Z370F looks similar to the Z370A so my custom USB map will probably work. Lastly, my config.plist is set up to boot without debug logs or verbose mode so it's not suitable for troubleshooting OpenCore boot issues. If your system won't boot, you will need to edit the NVRAM:Add:boot-args section of the config.plist to add -v which you'll need to help understand the boot issue(s) that OpenCore encounters.

Well, it's based on the Coffee Lake config.plist from Dortania so it might work. You can give it a shot and report back. However, my guess is that you'll likely need to adapt the EFI for your motherboard. I manually edited the SSDT's in the ACPI folder from the BIOS extracted from my motherboard so they may not be correct for your motherboard's firmware. If they don't work, you can go to the Dortania website and download premade Coffee Lake SSDT replacements here:

Other than that, the USB I/O on the Z370F looks similar to the Z370A so my custom USB map will probably work. Lastly, my config.plist is set up to boot without debug logs or verbose mode so it's not suitable for troubleshooting OpenCore boot issues. If your system won't boot, you will need to edit the NVRAM:Add:boot-args section of the config.plist to add -v which you'll need to help understand the boot issue(s) that OpenCore encounters.
Thank you.I'll try it

Hi i have the exact setup (Asus 370, 8700k) except from an Radeon rx 580. I am running currently catalina with clover and i intend to use your OC EFI. Do i need to change anything for Radeon?

Hi i have the exact setup (Asus 370, 8700k) except from an Radeon rx 580. I am running currently catalina with clover and i intend to use your OC EFI. Do i need to change anything for Radeon?
Well, I don't have a discrete GPU in my rig so I can't say for certain. However, your RX 580 is natively supported by the OS so I don't think any special OpenCore patching is required. Based on this, I'm guessing that my EFI folder should be plug and play (once you add your own PlatformInfo values). If you do run into problems, you may need to add RX 580 specific WhateverGreen boot arguments by modifying the NVRAM:Add:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args key in the config.plist file. You can find the available WhateverGreen boot arguments here:

Give it a shot and let us know if it works!

@Scimitar works like a charm. Just removed the clover EFI and putted yours(opencore) of course with my changes in PlatformInfo.

Back