Contribute
Register

ASUS prime Z370-A Big Sur 11.2 sleep problem

I recently upgraded to OC 0.7.3 and my latest EFI is attached. Be sure to update the PlatformInfo section with your own info per my post above:

Edit: I noticed from your motherboard info that you're not running the Asus Prime Z370-A motherboard so my EFI is unlikely to work correctly. My SSDT's were hand edited based on the DSDT extracted from my BIOS rather than the generic versions available from Dortania. Also, my USB map is specific to the Asus motherboard as well. So this EFI won't be plug and play for you and is likely to be unstable if it boots at all.

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI for ASUS Prime Z370A (UHD630 Graphics).zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
if you updated your EFI to version 0.7.4 could you send it to me please i have asus prime z370-a motherboard
I normally don't update my EFI with every OpenCore release. However, since 0.7.4 resolves issues with macOS Monterey, I've gone ahead and performed the update per your request. FYI, there were no config.plist updates required this time so it was just a matter of updating to the 0.7.4 OpenCore EFI folder and adding the latest kexts. I'm not evaluating the public beta so I can't say whether this EFI works correctly in Monterey but everything seems fine in Big Sur 11.6.

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI for ASUS Prime Z370A (UHD630 Graphics).zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 87
but everything seems fine in Big Sur 11.6

Did you ever have any issues with sound (sound devices in Sys/Prefs) on your Z370-A rig running Big Sur 11.6 (or Monterey)?

Also, which audio layout-id setting are you using - 1? 2? ...

Many thanks for very complete info above.

Last edited:
Did you ever have any issues with sound (sound devices in Sys/Prefs) on your Z370-A rig running Big Sur 11.6 (or Monterey)?

Also, which audio layout-id setting are you using - 1? 2? ...

I used the DeviceProperties:Add section to apply layout-id=1 under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0). I personally prefer doing that rather than using alcid=1 in the NVRAM boot args since I would not normally change the audio layout. In any event, I don't have any issues with my audio setup that I'm aware of but I only use the stereo output jack and don't use 5.1 or HDMI audio out. In System Preferences, you just need to select "Internal Speakers" as the output device for stereo output. My audio input comes from a USB webcam so I've never tested the onboard audio inputs either. However, the preference pane does show "Internal Microphone" as an available audio input source so it's likely to work.

I encourage you to give it a try and report back with your findings.

if you updated your asUs prime z370-aEFI to version 0.7.5 could you send it to me please

As I previously stated, I don't normally update my EFI with every OpenCore release. Unless there is a feature that corrects an issue I'm having or otherwise benefits my system, I prefer to stick with what's working. Looking at the 0.7.5 release notes, there's nothing that affects our PRIME Z370-A motherboard running integrated graphics:

It's actually pretty easy to update my EFI yourself if you want to move to 0.7.5 though:
  1. Download updated versions of the kexts in the kext folder using the links in the page above.
  2. Replace the existing OpenCore components with the ones in the X64 EFI folder from 0.7.5 (don't add anything that's not already in my EFI).
  3. Fire up ProperTree to open the config.plist file, and select "OC Clean Snapshot" to update the config.plist with the updated kexts.
  4. Save the updated config.plist
  5. Run ocvalidate, which you can find in the Utilities folder.
ocvalidate will tell you if there are any new or obsolete items in your config.plist. If not, you're good to go (for example, there were no config.plist changes required when moving from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4). Otherwise, just use ProperTree to add the flagged items using the entries from the sample.plist file (look in the OpenCore Docs folder). It really is as simple as copy/paste in ProperTree, similar to how you added your own PlatformInfo keys. Finally, remove anything from the config.plist file that was flagged as obsolete and you're good to go.

Good luck and let us know how it turned out!

Hi
I also have an ASUS Prime Z370-A board with an i7-8700K and just updated my EFI to OpenCore 0.6.8 (attached). The folder contains custom SSDT's, mapped USB ports, patches for Intel UHD630 graphics and audio layout, and Open Canopy graphical boot picker support. To my knowledge, everything works (iMessage, FaceTime, audio, sleep/wake, NVRAM, FileVault, etc.). Of course, correctly functioning iServices will require that the OpenCore PlatformInfo values for ROM, MLB, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID be generated for an iMac19,1 and your onboard ethernet MAC address. The Dortania Guide provides instructions for that:

For this particular motherboard, the biggest issue is that you have to enable Booter:Quirks:EnableWriteProtector and disable Booter:Quirks:RebuildAppleMemoryMap to get OpenCore to boot properly. You'll also need to enable Kernel:Quirks: DisableRtcChecksum to avoid occasional BIOS corruption on shutdown/reboot. Lastly, the acpi-wake-type patch doesn't work so you'll need the igfxonln=1 and darkwake=1 boot flags for proper wake behavior.
First of all, sorry but I'm quite a noob with hackintoshing... I wish to install Big Sur on my prime z370a with 8700k, and I can run only this version your EFIs, the OC 0.6.8.
The newer versions hang up right at the begining.
and even this 0.6.8 keeps running if I disable the EC-USBX SSDT, but it's very slow it takes like 30 mins to boot till the half of the "boot line".
I'm not sure if my Vega 64 is what preventing the proper boot, or should I disconnect my secondary hard drives?
Thanks for the help in advance.

Back