Banned
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II ATX LGA2066 Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7-7800X 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB Video Card
Hola everyone,

am running a hack since 3 years now and used to use clover - which worked pretty ok.
The past weeks i started to move to OpenCore and updating to bigsur on an experimental disk - and i tried to stay close to the guide.

After a while i managed to get through the installer but I cant get my soundcard (motu 8m) to work using thunderbolt. The driver doesnt seem to load.

1. Could be USB Port Mapping - I did that using this here: https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap/blob/master/Information.md (anybody knows the author? - its brilliant :) ?) - But i havent touched the USB-C ports - which are my thunderbolt - cause they were neither recognized (when referencing the port names under windows - nor could i hotplug them obviously in order for them to show up) - so i left them out. But is thunderbolt and usb-c something different? Could this be the cause? I added ports that seem to be connected on a later stage, with no effect. Again: As i cant plug something in and really see the connector, it seems impossible to map.

2. Im also not sure on the DSDTs that i used to have. OpenCore says they are all build in - but there was a lot of logic in them, i never really understood. Using the same OpenCore Efi, i tried to start my existing mojave system - with catastrophic performance. This makes me wonder if the config is broken itself.

I attached my current EFI Folder which works with Booting & Installing BigSur 11.4.
I also attach my old Mojave Clover EFI - with that everything worked perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Attachments

• 3-EFI - Thunderbolt Fix Failed - USB Port Mapping.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 165
  • [2021-07-09 104805] iMac Pro.ioreg
    7.4 MB · Views: 139
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 03.50.09.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 03.50.09.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 132
  • EssentialsList-2021-07-09 04.32.13.zip
    540.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Hola everyone,

am running a hack since 3 years now and used to use clover - which worked pretty ok.
The past weeks i started to move to OpenCore and updating to bigsur on an experimental disk - and i tried to stay close to the guide.

After a while i managed to get through the installer but I cant get my soundcard (motu 8m) to work using thunderbolt. The driver doesnt seem to load.

1. Could be USB Port Mapping - I did that using this here: https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap/blob/master/Information.md (anybody knows the author? - its brilliant :) ?) - But i havent touched the USB-C ports - which are my thunderbolt - cause they were neither recognized (when referencing the port names under windows - nor could i hotplug them obviously in order for them to show up) - so i left them out. But is thunderbolt and usb-c something different? Could this be the cause? I added ports that seem to be connected on a later stage, with no effect. Again: As i cant plug something in and really see the connector, it seems impossible to map.

2. Im also not sure on the DSDTs that i used to have. OpenCore says they are all build in - but there was a lot of logic in them, i never really understood. Using the same OpenCore Efi, i tried to start my existing mojave system - with catastrophic performance. This makes me wonder if the config is broken itself.

I attached my current EFI Folder which works with Booting & Installing BigSur 11.4.
I also attach my old Mojave Clover EFI - with that everything worked perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Hi, looking at your IOReg it looks like your Thunderbolt isn't properly loaded.

Take a look at my github with the BASE-EFI and Thunderbolt pages and it should get you started. I'm not sure what BIOS settings you have either but it's recommended to get one of the later BIOS revisions. The latest update with Resizable bar breaks USB-C 3 on the Thunderbolt controller with a flashed card so you might try the second latest.
Also, you might get more help in the x299 support thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back