CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
ASUS GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
Captura de pantalla 2017-07-20 a las 12.10.58.png

Hi,

After some days fighting with my new Custom Mac, I achieve to set up my new hackintosh. It's main use will be to create music, so perhaps something will not work for some users, but for me this configuration is enough. It's ironic, but most of the problems were because Sierra doesn't support Kaby Lake...since half an hour after I achieve to have all the system working (Murphy?). I have updated to 10.12.6 and everything is supported now. My configuration is:

- i7 7700
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime H270-PRO
- Memory: 16 Gb G-Skill F4-2400C15D-16GVRn(DDR-2400)
- SSD: OCZ Triton 150
- Graphics: Intel 630
- USB 3.x working

Perhaps I have a problem with the memory, because in "About this Mac" says it runs at 2133 MHz. Can anybody help me with this?

So, to get working the system I follow the next tutorials:

- Main tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/
Sure that it will change in the following days with new Multibeast version to work with Sierra 10.12.6, because I worked with a 10.12.5 installation.

- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...x-hero-i7-7700k-32gb-ram-intel-630-hd.222316/
Because I saw that some of the Bios configuration doesn't fit with my needs to make the system works. Basically it were:
  • USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
  • APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
  • Fast Boot > Disabled
When I changed this points, it started to work

- For graphics: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-kaby-lake-intel-6xx-graphics-10-12-6.225282/
With Sierra 10.12.5 I had a Nvidia 210 working (just injecting the NVIDIA in Clover), but it seems that something has changed in 10.12.6 because graphics don't appears properly, so I tried to work with the motherboard graphics and it went perfect (for me this graphics are enough).

Just another thing. I had an issue with KextBeast and I had to change the SIP configuration in Clover Rt Variables tab, (CsrActiveConfig - 0x67).

I also work with Focusrite 2i4 2nd gen and it works properly.

Hope it will be useful for someone to build a new custom Mac

Hi,

I'am using same mother board but audio not working ,Can you tell me which codec you are applied.I tried with ALC 887/888b
from multiBeast. please helppp.

Hi,

I'am using same mother board but audio not working ,Can you tell me which codec you are applied.I tried with ALC 887/888b
from multiBeast. please helppp.
I didn't try the MB sound because I work with an external USB card. I'm sorry.
One more thing! I improved the system changing manually in BIOS the RAM speed to 2400.
Good luck!

@trueowl, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

My audio also doesn't work on both ALC 887 (with and without Legacy). The same motherboard:
I'm sorry. I can't help you because I didn't try the motherboard audio because I've an external sound card.

Hi everyone,

@trueowl, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.

I’m sorry for not providing the info, was on mobile.

***​

The specs.

MB: ASUS PRIME H270-PRO
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 @ 3.0Ghz
Video, Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 630
Wi-Fi: TP-Link Archer T9E
Bluetooth: (Not native, couldn’t find the one recommended) Will add later, need to check. Anyway, it doesn’t work natively.

Is there anything else that makes sense for Hackintosh? Also there’s just a regular SSD, an HDD, that’s it.

***​

The machine isn’t mine, it’s of my friend. Does anyone know if there’s a limit for the number of machines in a profile’s signature? I don’t mind adding all of the machines of all my friends — persuaded some of them to switch into the dark side — as I may ask other questions about their builds, it’s just me who helps them to maintain those ones.

Last edited:
My friend just told me his sound started to work, while he made nothing. He has Sierra now: we’ve installed it the last weekend and are going to update him to High Sierra this weekend. Will check what happened. Seems like he uses sound from his external display connected via USB. Maybe it works from there, not sure yet. He’s not very familiar with all of the hardware even to properly explain me, so it’s easier to check it while updating him.

Last edited:
I tried all of these things.
Installed ALC 887/888b with multibeast.
Installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

But the sound only started working once I checked "FixHDA" in clover configurator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back