Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ASUS Phoenix Radeon 550 2 GB Big Sur not working

Can you someone please help me with enabling this card in OpenCore. I have attached efi files here.

Device Id : 0x699f 1002

When I boot, I am getting Display 77 Mb with no acceleration. Kindly please help me. @Gigamaxx . Please help me

Attachments

• radeon.PNG
    radeon.PNG
    330.1 KB · Views: 42

Can you someone please help me with enabling this card in OpenCore. I have attached efi files here.

When I boot, I am getting Display 77 Mb with no acceleration. Kindly please help me. @Gigamaxx . Please help me
Doesn't require buying advice...

I have moved your post to Graphics

Opencore is two years old - Consider updating.

Hi there.

The RX 550 chipset, if it is a Lexa core, is not supported in macOS.

It might be possible to spoof a "Baffin" core by adding the Device-ID (0x67ff) to your config.plist DeviceProperties. I say "might" because it is a spoof that is not guaranteed to work. But I see you haven't tried that anyway, so this explains the lack of acceleration and low memory count.

Opencore is two years old - Consider updating.

Thanks very much for the response. I am updating the OpenCore and will let you know the feedback.

Hi there.

The RX 550 chipset, if it is a Lexa core, is not supported in macOS.

It might be possible to spoof a "Baffin" core by adding the Device-ID (0x67ff) to your config.plist DeviceProperties. I say "might" because it is a spoof that is not guaranteed to work. But I see you haven't tried that anyway, so this explains the lack of acceleration and low memory count.
Thanks very much for the response, Once I updated the OpenCore to latest. will try to spoof and let you know the feedback. I saw some videos in the youtube where the Lexa card is being spoofed to Baffin

Thanks @Feartech @UtterDisbelief @P1LGRIM .

Finally I managed to make the card work on Big Sur with full acceleration. I followed the below Youtube tutorial. Its spoofing Lexa to Baffin. Anyone with my same model card can follow below youtube link make the card work.

Thanks All for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 1.50.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 1.50.21 AM.png
    353.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 1.50.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 1.50.08 AM.png
    583 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back