Intel i7 3.6Ghz
Graphics
GT640 / Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Asus P9X79 Pro - i7 3820 - Installation Problem

Hi, I was looking for a hackintosh to install Snow Leopard.
After some weeks of research, I decide to get this specs:

- Asus P9X79 Pro
- Intel i7 3820
- Sapphire Radeon HD6450
- 2x8gb (G.Skill Ripjaws X)

I´ve made an OS X 10.6 USB stick (I have a Snow Leopard DVD, but it´s very scratched, it is no more readable).
I-Boot boot and show the "Mac OS X Install" drive, but I can´t reach the installing window. It freezes in the beginning.

I´ve testing with GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=1 or 0, -x, -v, and all the possible combinations, but nothing (goes some seconds further comparing with no flags, but it freezes anyway).
I try with an Nvidia 9500 GT, and nothing (I have already an GT640 if it helps).
I try with an SATA 3.0 (1.5 TB), or SATA 1.5 (250 GB) and nothing.
I try with only one 8gb stick and with two (I have not an 4gb stick to test)
I try to change the USB port for the USB stick
I try to change the SATA port 3 & 4 (ports 1 & 2 are for SATA 6.0, and I try in one of them too)
I try with cpus=1 flag... (I see it on a thread with similar system, that works with that) but still not working.

I attach an image of the freezing screen.

I have made other 6 hackintoshes since 2010, but I consider myself a noobie with a lot of persistance. Every time I need to build a new one I need to learn again new techniques... but this time, the advance of technology doesn´t help when you need to install an older OS... and this time I don´t know what else to do.

Can some one help me please?
I will apreciate a lot.

PS: Sorry for my english!

Attachments

• Photo 11-09-13 19 20 39.jpg
    Photo 11-09-13 19 20 39.jpg
    966.5 KB · Views: 243
More bad news, I burn a copy of the 10.6 in a dual layer DVD.

and it´s still freeze in the same error, but it take a lot of more time to get it, ja.
I´m going to (more spending money) buy an 4gb DDR3 memory... and see what´s going on.

Can anyone give me some ideas please?
Thanks!

.J

More bad news, I burn a copy of the 10.6 in a dual layer DVD.

and it´s still freeze in the same error, but it take a lot of more time to get it, ja.
I´m going to (more spending money) buy an 4gb DDR3 memory... and see what´s going on.

Can anyone give me some ideas please?
Thanks!

.J

Install Mountain Lion as Snow Leopard does not support your hardware.

Thank you very much for your response

Basically I need Snow Leopard for working professional sound purposes.

Before buy anything, and analyzing the parts I was able to buy in my country in this moment, I realize that the only hardware I could found with compatibility with SL, are only LGA 2011 system.
Then I found this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/50847-pro-tools-hd-10-1-2-build-gigabyte-x79-success.html

But I was not able to find that particular MOBO, so I check the list of availables MOBOs, and I found some people who have succesfully install SL on the Asus P9x79 Pro:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...79-pro-sandy-bridge-e-hackintosh-working.html

And basicaly that thread gives me a lot of hope...

What component do you recomend to change?
Are you sure that that specs do not support this hardware?

Thanks!
.J

While it is possible to get SL to run on socket 2011, it is not truly supported - there is no speed step from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext and sleep/wake does not work.

You might try using iBoot Legacy+the retail SL disk to install.

You might also try installing with a cheap nVidia gfx card as the 6xxx series AMD cards are problematic during install.

Thanks again for the reply.
I will continuing making some effort before give it up.

Gonna try with 9500 GT, again and Legacy iBoot, 4gb ram...
If there are more ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!
.J

Thanks again for the reply.
I will continuing making some effort before give it up.

Gonna try with 9500 GT, again and Legacy iBoot, 4gb ram...
If there are more ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!
.J

jerokohm

the GT 9500 is a very good card to use w SL.

well, well, well,....

Thanks to all for the support, in some moments of anxiety some words could give a lot of hope,... jaja.

I woke up this morning, and get an 4gb ddr3 memory (from a friend, just to try, and give it back again after testing).
Install the 9500 GT instead of the 6450 Radeon, and try for a last time.

... and it works!

with the DVD, and then y I started again with the USB stick and works again (I start again when I saw the Snow Leopard installation screen).
In the first try I typed GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v (just in case), but then only with -v, and works again.

Also, before the 10.6.8, sound and networks already works! (after upgrade, no sound and no network, jaja).

In this moment I have 10.6.8, with the original 16 GB, the 6450 Radeon working (this parts gives me a lot of battle, and I still need to test some features), and network.

I´m still working on sound, sleep, USB 3.0, bluetooth, etc, but I´m almost there.

Thaks a lot for all the magic!

.J

well, well, well,....

Thanks to all for the support, in some moments of anxiety some words could give a lot of hope,... jaja.

I woke up this morning, and get an 4gb ddr3 memory (from a friend, just to try, and give it back again after testing).
Install the 9500 GT instead of the 6450 Radeon, and try for a last time.

... and it works!

with the DVD, and then y I started again with the USB stick and works again (I start again when I saw the Snow Leopard installation screen).
In the first try I typed GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v (just in case), but then only with -v, and works again.

Also, before the 10.6.8, sound and networks already works! (after upgrade, no sound and no network, jaja).

In this moment I have 10.6.8, with the original 16 GB, the 6450 Radeon working (this parts gives me a lot of battle, and I still need to test some features), and network.

I´m still working on sound, sleep, USB 3.0, bluetooth, etc, but I´m almost there.

Thanks a lot for all the magic!

.J

jerokohn

most likely the sound need to be rolled back - use MultiBeast and select the associated sound kexts to reinstall the older versions as the ones from 10.6.8 are newer.

Also you should use the -f switch on startup. After any system update or OSX kext install - select System Utilities in Multibeast to reset the disk permissions.

USB 3.0 in 10.6.x is not their as this technology was after the last official OSX update by Apple.

Sleep - due to the 2011 CPU not going to work I think. As well as to speed step!

Hi.

I have the same mother board and processor, but can't get networking to work. Currently installed Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

What did you do to get networking running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back