Contribute
Register

Asus P9X79 Pro - i7 3820 - PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I have the same mother board and processor, but can't get networking to work. Currently installed Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

What did you do to get networking running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

makareti

As Apple releases these updates they make changes to many of the Kexts. These small changes affect how these kexts work in a Hack.

You may need to run MultiBeast (Snow Leo version) and select the network option that was used initially to roll back these new kexts to kexts that will work w your hardware. This is common w sound and Network.

When you select and option in the MultiBeast window a description is listed and describes what kexts are to be modified - read these.
What you are looking for is the AppleIntelE1000e description which supports the chipset on your motherboard.

Now its been sometime for my memory to remember all of this but if you dont see this specif item in SL MultiBeast then try to use the latest MultiBeast 5.5 and select the Intel Chipset and then run the 5.5 version of MultiBeast - ONLY SELECT the network item you need.

Once your done when you reboot make sure to use the -f switch at startup
So you will type what you typed when you built the box and add the -f switch.

You also may want to do the install of MultiBeast w the newest version of MB ver 5.5. this installs the kexts into S/L/E not E/E.

So I have been told.

And of course using A DSDT for your hardware is a good idea ( not required but a good idea).

Update - the Newest MultiBeast has many of the newer APPLE kexts that are newer and could effect a SL OSX install - these are the applehdas coded kexts that are included w MB 5.5:

So as I stated earlier use the MB 5.5 for the network section.

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate your input.

I reinstalled everything and networking just seemed work right out of the gate. However, cannot boot directly from the hard drive and still need to use iBoot with the cpus=1 flag. As such it seems that is preventing the OS from identifying the CPU correctly, which is ultimately preventing me form downloading Lion or Mountain Lion from the app store. I know Snow Leopard doesn't truly support this hardware, but I'm just trying to get enough working to download the newer OS and build a system that supports my hardware. Any suggestions? Or is there another thread you can point me to. I've been searching for days without much luck.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate your input.

I reinstalled everything and networking just seemed work right out of the gate. However, cannot boot directly from the hard drive and still need to use iBoot with the cpus=1 flag. As such it seems that is preventing the OS from identifying the CPU correctly, which is ultimately preventing me form downloading Lion or Mountain Lion from the app store. I know Snow Leopard doesn't truly support this hardware, but I'm just trying to get enough working to download the newer OS and build a system that supports my hardware. Any suggestions? Or is there another thread you can point me to. I've been searching for days without much luck.

Thanks again!

mkareti

Yes the issues w OSX ID'ing the cpu and the serial of the Hackintosh ( Apple checks their hardware when you login) are known.

We have some post on this and most of the time we are able to get it to work. Look for cant login to App store or iTunes in fact we should have a forum section w this as a topic.

Many users have used the program from the downloads utility section know as Chameleon Wizard to resolve this - you may need to do some searches on this (Google)

As to not being able to boot from HD - Although I have not worked on a X79 system it should work you may need to re-install the Chameleon Boot Loader from either MultiBeast or by itself. We have a download of it !

Totenkopf4,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into those. Hopefully I'll have some good news.

Hi.

I have the same mother board and processor, but can't get networking to work. Currently installed Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

What did you do to get networking running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mkareti

Please read the rules of the site - your have not provided us w the system parameters of what your using - these are contained in the signature block of your user id.

Fill that out.

As to the Network - if your using the same motherboard then the chipset for the network is an Intel 82579V

See if the BIOS has this enabled - and have you tested this w windows to make sure that the hardware works.
Also use a direct connection hard wired ( network wire) from port to the router.

This chipset maybe to new for Snow Leo and you may have to install the network kexts for this yourself.
Do some research on this motherboard and read what you find that is always the best.

Do note that the prior user had used a 4 GB single ram module in order to get the OSX installed you may need to do likewise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back