Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z77M-Pro DSDT for BIOS Version 1406 (7/31/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Womby

your best bet would be to try spence4's dsdt because mine is patched for the ivy bridge (hd4000) igpu.

otherwise I don't see why you would have trouble with it. Try spence4's first, test it if you have trouble use mine. Your best bet is to always patch your own dsdt.

Clover uefi booting might also help your sleep/wake/reboot issues.

keep us posted!

mrengles

Ha! The reason I was asking those questions is because I did not have a DSDT and was hoping womby had one that would work for me!

Well did either of our DSDT's work? It's would be great for others with your problems to k ow how to fix.

Your version 2 worked to get me USB2 devices on the USB3 ports, but wake from sleep stopped working and I had to do a hard power down. I have a new DSDT that giacomoleopardo made for me from a clean DSDT that I extracted for him. It gives me the USB2 mounting on USB3 ports and does not break sleep. However, I still have an issue where my USB devices only show up at USB2 speeds following waking from sleep. As this is really small potatoes I am just going to tell my computer to never sleep and be done with it.

You can find the DSDT giacomoleopardo made for me a few threads away from this one if anyone is interested. Although I suspect my modded 1504 BIOS for the ASUS P8Z77-M Pro plus i5-2500K plus Zotac GT 640 Zone is not the most common combination so people may have some issues when using my DSDT like I had with yours.... seems to work for the most part, but it's that 1% that doesn't that makes oen reconsider.

Now that I think about it a bit more... Does the SB i5-2500K even support intel USB 3.0 maybe that's why your having issues? The motherboard might support usb 3.0 but intel didn't start supporting until ivy bridge.

its the same with pice 3.0

The Intel USB3 is part of the z77 chipset not the CPU however the PCIe is CPU related not chipset so yes you would only have PCIe 2.0, not 3.0.

Thank you for the clarification!

mre

Yeah, I have had USB3 working from the beginning on my board. It was just that the USB3 ports weren't mounting USB2 mass storage devices. Now everything works nicely. Very pleased. Of course that lasts for a bout 3 minutes and then it is time to try to do something else with this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back