Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z77M-Pro DSDT for BIOS Version 1406 (7/31/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Professional-M
CPU
i7-3770K (4.2 GHz)
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This DSDT has only been tested under 10.8 Mountain Lion, I don't think it will work with earlier versions of Mac OS X such as Snow Leopard, or Lion because of the HD4000 HDMI Audio patch.

1. ALC892 Audio working with patched AppleHDA.kext from MultiBeast.
2. Audio out via HDMI on HD4000 (10.8 Mountain Lion ONLY)
3. Now correctly shows "Intel 7 Series Chipset" in System Information.

Patched BIOS for this board available here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/43486-asus-1155-patched-bios-repository.html

Thank you Toleda for your 10.8 Mountain Lion HDMI Audio patch, minihack for your Unknown AHCI Standard Controller fix, and most importantly Mieze without her I'd still be in the dark when it comes to DSDT editing.

Enjoy and good luck!

You should know the deal by now, but if not. This patched DSDT is supplied without any warrenty or garentees. If you have problems such as data loss, hardware issues, or even blowup your Hackintosh its your fault not mine. You acknowledge this agreement by downloading and using these files.

-Mrengles

Attachments

• Asus P8Z77-M Pro DSDT.zip
    88.4 KB · Views: 452
Warning: Someone has reported using the above DSDT might interfere with sleep/wake functionality. I'm looking into the problem. Sleep wake is working on my board, so it could be a BIOS settings or kext causing the sleep/wake issue.

Thanks!
Actually I dont recommend blindly using other user DSDT, best practice is to compere it with untouched dsdt, and then step by step add patches/changes which you need and drop those which you don't need...

Todays boards dsdt need so little changes, almost everything works out of the box. thats why I am confused which patches do I need to apply.

Excellent board... almost perfect system... only... I did't tested out yet USB3 as I don't have any USB3 device...

and new BIOS version is out :) do we need to update? probably not!

I think your right as far as making your own dsdt. Most people can't figure it out on there own. I sure know I needed help getting started.

This dsdt has minimal patches. Errors were fixed, added Toleda's hdmi-alc892 patch, and fixed SATA info to show intel 7 chipset. That's all that was applied to my stock dsdt.

im working with mieze now on a fix for USB 3.0

As far as updating the BIOS Ill wait for Samisnake to patch the current release before I even think about it.

Hey Guntars, good to see you here... Mrengles, your DSDT is soooo close...

Upgraded bios to 1504 works fine. I'd encourage anyone to use this board as no DSDT is really required.

Here's an updated DSDT BIOS Version 1504

Idle (Auto) Sleep wake is working with my build.

Attachments

• Asus P8Z77-M Pro BIOS v1504 DSDT.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 348
hi

will this DSDT work on P8Z77 M Pro w/ bios 1708 ? Ive already USB flashed the bios with the one found here ---> http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/

Installed the ML 10.8.2 via UniBeast method, web works, 6870 work on 27" on 2560x1440p, now its time to run Multibeast and im thinking of using your DSDT.

tnx

No this DSDT will not work, at least not very well. If you upload the stock DSDT for the current bios version. I will patch again.

I can now make the Intel USB3.0 ports backwards compatible with all 2.0/1.0 devices like a real Mac with 10.8.2 :)

I'm assuming you want audio for ALC892 and HDMI out too?

Like I said, upload the stock/vanilla DSDT for 1708 and Ill patch.

-Mrengles

PS. The usb3.0 patch has ALLOT of steps, and will take about 2-3 hours to complete. It's very late were I am, so give me some time.

hi mrengles

actually I dont need stock audio and not even HDMI audio, I do however need to boot into system w/o using Unibeast USB for starters. ive UL the DSDT file, ive just installed the mac os x again.

i did however install the system using 6870 graphics and not the iGPU as it says in some tutorials. just so to let you know, because I dont know if this alters DSDT file in any way.

EDIT: before you do anything please let me know if there is any benefit to creating custom DSDT if I dont need onboard audio or HDMI audio ? I dont want you wastin your time if there is no real benefit to it. only thing that comes to my mind at the moment is that it would be nice to have sleep on/off function.

tnx for your efforts

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 125
You don't need at DSDT for this board to sleep/wake. What you need is native power management though Samisnakes Patched UEFI. Shearch the forum for ASUS 1155 patched UEFI. I don't remember If this board needed at DSDT for shutdown.

Ill work on the patch tomorrow when in have some down time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back