Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z77M-Pro DSDT for BIOS Version 1406 (7/31/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus P8Z77M-Pro DSDT for BIOS Version 1708

Here's the patched DSDT for the ASUS P8Z77-M Pro with UEFI/BIOS v1708.

* A user have reported issues with DSDT v1.0 while others have had success. If you want to use my DSDT and have trouble try DSDT v2.0 it has the same exact patches and modifications, but applied in a different order. It shouldn't make a difference but I decided to post anyway in an attempt to give as many P8Z77-M Pro users accesses to a real working USB3.0 solution. Enjoy the 100% working Hackintosh!

View attachment 41978 <-- DSDT v1.0

View attachment 42211 <-- DSDT v2.0

This DSDT, should have the board working 100%, including working Intel USB3.0 ports with backwards compatibility with 2.0/1.0 devices.

For Native power management sleep/wake/speed-step use samisnake's patched UEFI for this motherboard.

Good Luck!

Mrengles

PS. This patched DSDT would not be possible without the knowledge I absorbed from forum member Mieze. <-- You :headbang:

Attachments

• DSDT P8Z77-M Pro v1708.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 164
superb. u d man :p, Mieze u also d man :D

im going to store this DSDT and some topics and keep them safe if ill have to rebuild my hackintosh ever in the future :D

much appreciated you took your time

superb. u d man :p, Mieze u also d man woman :D

im going to store this DSDT and some topics and keep them safe if ill have to rebuild my hackintosh ever in the future :D

much appreciated you took your time

Wo-man :lol:

@Womby

I just noticed your using an i5-2500 Sandy Bridge CPU,a quick heads-up the USB 3.0 ports wont work for you, because they are dependent on an Ivy Bridge CPU. Other then that you should be good-to-go otherwise!

The patched DSDT above has everything you need for this board to function 100% like a real Mac!

Fixed Errors & warnings
ALC 892 Audio
HDMI Audio (HD400, AMD, Nvidia GPUs)
Power Button sleep/wake/shutdown Fix
Shutdown Fix
Patched RTC to prevent CMOS resets
SMBUS
Intel USB 3.0 Backwards compatibility with 2.0/1.0 devices
And a partridge in a pear tree. =)

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmac!

Mrengles

I was able to install ML in my P8Z77M PRO with your dsdt (the v2 for the 1708 bios) successfully. I patched my own bios with PMPatch and original bios from asus as semisnake's version was 1800 or something like that, and the dsdt was for the previous version of the bios. Here are my two doubts:

- When y sleep my hackintosh, it won't wake up. The monitor never turns on. (tried several kext and none worked). I really would like sleep/wake to work

- Is there a way to upgrade to 10.8.2 without losing anything or without any problem?

Thanks!

Guys Ive updated to 10.8.3 and my LAN doesnt work anymore after waking up from sleep. What should I do ? Is there a way to downgrade back to 10.8.2 or should I use another DSDT ?

tnx

tnx mrengles, ill check it out. btw what exactly does "recreate the kernel cache" mean and how do i do that ?

EDIT: nvrmnd, ive just installed the kext and it works like a charm. mrengles to the rescue, again.

tnx mrengles, ill check it out. btw what exactly does "recreate the kernel cache" mean and how do i do that ?

EDIT: nvrmnd, ive just installed the kext and it works like a charm. mrengles to the rescue, again.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back