Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68-V LX Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget now after 80 some posts, can you boot with the Unibeast USB drive? If so, boot to the Desktop and run Multibeast. Go to:

Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous -> NullCPUPowerManagement

Hopefully, once you have sorted things out, you can remove this.

infortunatly not, I can't seem to boot in any way after 10.7.4 update... seems I'm left with the reflashing of the bios?

Guess I'll give it a go...

You can disable the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext through Terminal in the Unibeast installer. For this you need to know the exact name of your OSX drive.

Boot Unibeast to the installer. Answer the language question. At the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal. Then:

Code:
Type:  diskutil list

Find the name of your OSX drive. It should be near the top, just right of middle.

Now:

Code:
Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of OSX drive)"   <== use quotes but not parens
Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mv AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.bak
Type:  cd ../
Type:  touch Extensions

Boot your OSX drive with: -v

You can disable the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext through Terminal in the Unibeast installer. For this you need to know the exact name of your OSX drive.

Boot Unibeast to the installer. Answer the language question. At the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal. Then:

Code:
Type:  diskutil list

Find the name of your OSX drive. It should be near the top, just right of middle.

Now:

Code:
Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of OSX drive)"   <== use quotes but not parens
Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mv AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.bak
Type:  touch Extensions

Boot your OSX drive with: -v

thanks again for your help, that allowed me to boot into 10.7.4 lion... :clap:

Should I however be concerned about disabling AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? any other advice on stabilizing the system?
Thank you again for helping a noob out... :D

Should I however be concerned about disabling AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext?

You won't have any power management features and sleep won't work. Your patched BIOS was supposed to allow you to boot with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement enabled.

There is a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in Multibeast. It might give you the powermanagement and sleep functions back but for me it causes random crashes of various apps.

Go to Multibeast:

Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -> (select one)

You won't have any power management features and sleep won't work. Your patched BIOS was supposed to allow you to boot with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement enabled.

There is a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in Multibeast. It might give you the powermanagement and sleep functions back but for me it causes random crashes of various apps.

Go to Multibeast:

Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -> (select one)

I guess I'll take the chances and reflash the bios... hopefully wont have to redo the install after its done... I'll give it go as I'm afraid it might have been a bad flash... I hv no idea how to check so I'll give that road a go... power management seemed to be working fine before 10.7.4 update.. that's what I thing makes this issue a weird one ehehe

Once you reflash the BIOS, you'll have to re-enable the kext to see if it works. If it doesn't work, then you'll have to go to the posting above and use the Unibeast installer to disable it again.

To re-enable the kext when you are booted to the Desktop, go to the Utilities folder and start Terminal:

Code:
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  sudo mv AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.bak AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
(give your password - the cursor will not move - there will be no feedback)

Type:  sudo touch Extensions

Reboot as you normally would.

thank you, I'll do so and provide feedback as soon as I'm done...
Humm.. as I got to my computer to do what u have sugested I noticed it turned of the monitor and was in a sleep state, it woke up with a mouse click.. isn't it weird? should it be able to sleep without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext?
I'll flash the bios again anyway, I wanna make sure I'll get a stable system... thank you again!:thumbup:

Probably the monitor can sleep, the computer can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back