Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Snow Leopard and Lion Guide (Non-Pro ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
kovtun66 said:
Thank you very much!

10.7.2. installed successfully!

I have a question: does anyone else experience the delay in USB keyboard/mouse operation right after the boot? Basically I have to wait more than a minute, then keyboard and mouse start working.

I have the same problem still not sure what cause this any ideas ?

Dear friends.

I am starting my first build, the components are Asus P8Z68 Deluxe /3gen, Ati HD 5770, i7 2600k, corsair vengance 1600 Mhz 16GB, OCZ Agility3 120gb.
I have followed this guide and the only way I have managed to install OSX 10.6 is in safe mode I have even managed to install update 10.6.8 but only in safe mode as soon as I try in normal mode I get an screen that I show in the photo. The problem is that I am no able to connect any USB stick or even use the CD writer because they dont work so I havent been able to install Multibeast, Kext Wizard, and all the rest needed to complete this installation.
I have also tryed -v, -x, PCIRootUID=1, CPURootUID=0, etc... in all possible combinations and nothing.
Please is there someone that could give a hand, a tip, a link, whatever that could help me?
I appreciate your time and help
Sikus

Attachments

• Error message.JPG
    Error message.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 307
Hey guys I'm trying to follow the guide, but I'm getting a kernel panic right after I enter PCIRootUID=1 and it starts running. I'm using the latest iBoot and SL 10.6.3 Retail. My screen looks exactly the same as the previous post.

My specs are as follows:
ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 (BIOS Version 0301)
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)
EVGA GTX 275 896GB
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
Intel 320 Series 2.5" 120GB SATA II (SSD)

BIOS Settings:
Everything is pretty much at default. I tried disabling Turbo under CPU management too since I hear it could be an issue with the i5. I'm using only 4GB of memory.

Any type of info that could help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

sgee34 said:
Hey guys I'm trying to follow the guide, but I'm getting a kernel panic right after I enter PCIRootUID=1 and it starts running. I'm using the latest iBoot and SL 10.6.3 Retail. My screen looks exactly the same as the previous post.

My specs are as follows:
ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 (BIOS Version 0301)
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)
EVGA GTX 275 896GB
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
Intel 320 Series 2.5" 120GB SATA II (SSD)

BIOS Settings:
Everything is pretty much at default. I tried disabling Turbo under CPU management too since I hear it could be an issue with the i5. I'm using only 4GB of memory.

Any type of info that could help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Try to install Lion using Unibeast instead its whole a lot easier

I have found a way to install snow leopard 10.6.8 on my Asus P8Z68 Deluxe.
I did follow the instructions I found on youtube that are from a different motherboard but worked great on mine. Here the link and good luck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdTALtD_ ... re=related

Thanks so much for the tip!!! We have lift off!!!!

Alright guys,

So here is my problem, my first osx installation had a geekbench score of 11,000+ and ran overall better.

I have to do a fresh install from scratch last month, and now I am only getting a 5800 geekbench, and the system is running sluggish.

If someone could help me out it would be amazing, because I am using this machine for school.

Sledhead92 said:
Alright guys,

So here is my problem, my first osx installation had a geekbench score of 11,000+ and ran overall better.

I have to do a fresh install from scratch last month, and now I am only getting a 5800 geekbench, and the system is running sluggish.

If someone could help me out it would be amazing, because I am using this machine for school.

Have you enabled speed-stepper ?

Falkryr said:
Sledhead92 said:
Alright guys,

Have you enabled speed-stepper ?

Yep, I went and reapplied the patch and it said it was all patched.

Hey guys, new user here. I just want to thank you for all of your useful information, especially vdmesis for this great guide.
After a month of trying, reading guides, etc I've finally managed to install SL 10.6.8 (diff rig than in my specs). Works great, so thanks again.

Just in case someone's interested, here's how I did it. Boot cd with SL 10.6.3 retail, then followed the guide, didn't use PCIRoot flag at all. Couldn't patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, rebooted but got a kernel panic, so i deleted AICPUPM and it worked.

Specs:
cpu: intel i5-2500
ram:2x4GB kingston
mobo: asus p8z68 deluxe/ gen3
gpu: gtx 560Ti
64Gb kingston ssd
m-audio audiophile 2469(envy kext)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back