Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Snow Leopard and Lion Guide (Non-Pro ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
vdmesis said:
;) NON-PRO ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE SNOW LEOPARD AND LION GUIDE

The first thing is that as you know Im newbe so dont treat this as a bible. ;)
This is only a way I made my hackintosh working. ;)
It doesnt contain how to make everything working (lan, sleep) - if you find a way just tell me I will add it.
But most important things works perfect! :D

Ok. I will start from square one:

Thank you very very much for help me understanding basics of building hackintosh:
tonymacx86 - for all work for hackintosh community.
314Ter and oswaldini - for constant help with building my hackinotsh and understanding the rulez. In Poland we have hackintosh too : Link ;)
TooSixy - I started from his Guide Link
buoo - for constant helping and for dsdt ans ssdt filesLink
flAked - for his SpeedStepper Link
MaLd0n - for help with DSDT Link
stradivari - for eSata solution Link
And Hackintosh community for being here and writing posts :)

Things you need:
a) Mac OS X 10.6 Retail DVD
b) Mac OS X Combo Update 10.6.8
c) iBoot Link
d) Multibeast 3.8.0 Link
e) Kext Wizard Link
f) SpeedStepper patch dla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (Snow Leopard and Lion versions) Link
g) My zip file with /Extra folder and files needed (smbios iMac 12,2 + boot.plist + FakeSMC + iMac12,2.plist) p8z68deluxe v.1.2.zip

Lets go:
01. Use iBoot with flag PCIRootUID=1 to boot Mac OS X Install Disc.
02. In Disc Manager I prepare hdd = 1 partition - GUID - Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
03. Install Mac OS X 10.6 Retail
04. Reboot.
05. Boot with iBoot PCIRootUID=1 and choose hdd with fresh Mac OSX
06. Remove ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext file from S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins
07. Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache in S/L/K with Kext Wizard
08. Reboot.
09. Boot with iBoot PCIRootUID=1 and choose hdd with fresh Mac OSX
09. Update to 10.6.8 with MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg
10. Reboot.
11. Boot with iBoot PCIRootUID=1 and choose hdd with fresh Mac OSX
12. Now we have Fresh 10.6.8 :)
13. Apply SpeedStep patch:

1) Make a backup of /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
2) Download SpeedStepper Patch from here Link
3) Copy patch somewhere. For example to your Desktop (/Users/your_user_name/Desktop/)
4) Open terminal
5) cd /Users/your_user_name/Desktop/
6) sudo ./speedstepper /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
7) You should see "All Done" message after this!
8) Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache in S/L/K with Kext Wizard

14. Stay in terminal.
15. sudo mkdir /Extra
16. sudo mkdir /Extra/Extensions/
17. Close terminal.
18. Copy content of Extra folder which I attached to your /Extra
19. Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache in E/E with Kext Wizard (You should see new file Extensions.mkext in your /Extra)
20. Copy iMac12_2.plist to /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/
21. Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache in S/L/K with Kext Wizard
22. Use Multibeast and install Chimera.
23. Reboot and pray :)

LION UPDATE:

24. Copy NullCPUPowerManagement to /Extra/Extensions/
25. Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache in E/E with Kext Wizard
26. Follow tonymacx86 Guide for Lion Update - Remember to have Lion Instalation DMG mounted during xMove Installation!
27. Repeat step 13. with SpeedStepper for Lion GM
28. Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /Extra/Extensions/
29. Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache in E/E with Kext Wizard
30. Reboot and pray again :)

1. For working Audio use Multibeast: ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler ALC889.
2. For working USB 3.0 use Multibeast: USB 3.0 Nec/Renesas kext.
3. For SSD Trim use: TrimEnabler
4. For blutooth use: Link
5. For users who have problems with wifi: remove Apple80211Monitor.bundle from /S/L/SystemConfiguration. (You will not have working auto connection on startup but it will stop dropping and laging.)
6. For eSata use dsdt.aml added. (Modyfied JMB0 section and added DTGP.) dsdt.aml.zip

Was wondering where this dsdt file came from exactly? Was it pulled from p8z68 deluxe under linux? What edits went into it?

Thanks

No sound after update to 10.7.2
i did all possible variations, multi beast kexts and so on and so on and no luck at all
ANY IDEAS?

Hi everybody!

Great forum and answers..
I installed 2 weeks ago OSX Lion, with all the updates as wel (10.7.2).

Everything is working, so i wanted to try that geekbench..
I did that, and my score is 11770..
When i look into other scores on here, there are much higher ones!
Am i forgotten something to install, or is something not working?

Mainboard: Asus P8z68 Deluxe
Processor: Intel i7 2700K
Memory: 16gb (1333mhz)
Hard disk(s): 2x ssd
3 screens (2 nvidia cards).

I tweakedsome things in the bios, but maybe i'm doing something wrong?
Turbo is set to manual, all cores 50 (4,2Ghz)
iGPU=off
bluetooth=off, i don't need
onboard audio=off, since i'm using an Motu 828mk3 audio interface
ssd trim=working

Thanks a lot,
Barry

Still no sound any help :banghead:

Hey,

Nice guide dude. but, when i try to start with iboot, it won't start because it wil end in a kernel panic which say's pmap stealmemory. anything i can do about this?

What Bios Settings do you guys have?

thx.

Thank you very much!

10.7.2. installed successfully!

I have a question: does anyone else experience the delay in USB keyboard/mouse operation right after the boot? Basically I have to wait more than a minute, then keyboard and mouse start working.

hello i have a quick question what should i do if i just want to do a fresh install for lion without ever installing snow leopard cause i have a lion usb already ready to go now im just waiting for my parts to make a airport card to come in.

Hello, I'm just about to start of with my build...:)

Before putting all the gear together, I wanted to know which BIOS version you are using.
Secondly, are there any BIOS specific changes that I need to make after restoring setup defaults. As far as I'm aware LUCIDVirtu needs to be disabled, failing which there is a 45 second boot delay.

Really appreciate the work you guys put in over here.... Cheers

Problem solved! Lion installed :)

Thanks a lot for this very easy to follow howto. I´m now up and running with 10.7.2! Sharing my setup here so people stuck can see that there is a way out if they´re stuck. I couldn´t have build my hack without this forum and the help of another user (RL friend).

I struggled a lot at first, trying to install Lion on top of Snow Leopard. That didn´t work, as the Lion i then got up and running acted very peculiar. Resets, hangups and what not, and no sound or graphics accelleration. I got Lion working "properly" when i first installed Snow Leopard up to 10.6.8 on a small partition on the harddrive (just big enough for the install+lion installer), and then installed Lion on an empty partition.

Result is a (close to perfect) working Lion and my old Win 7 Ultimate (Seperate harddrive) dualbooting :)

Listing my specs here:

Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz
Display: Gainward Geforce GTX 560ti 2gb (@1920x1080 in Lion)
Sound: Creative X-Fi Titanium (OEM version, not the Fatal1ty one)

Problems:
* Bluetooth only working once every second boot or so. Seems totally random.
* Sound only stereo, mic, surround or other stuff not working on it. Exptected that, but prefer to keep my onboard disabled due to gaming in windows. Using a custom VoodoHDA for sound.
* Getting a lot of "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller" in system preferences. However, all disks working fine. No disks connected to the Marvell-controller, that won´t work at all.
* USB 3.0 won´t work. Boot reporting "address already taken" when trying to start the controller.
* Graphics performance is horrible, even though everything is up and running and not reporting errors. Using this driver: http://www.osx86.net/view/1567-gtx_560_ ... .7_gm.html

Any tips on my problems would be greatly appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back