Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange.
Using the unpatched dsdt I'm able to get the system in sleep without problems. Just now I've tried it.
I'm already using a patched one 'cuz I'm using revoboot. Even if I'd send you my dsdt It doesn't work for you.
I highly advice it to you, I'll never stop repeating It.

buoo said:
It's strange.
Using the unpatched dsdt I'm able to get the system in sleep without problems. Just now I've tried it.
I'm already using a patched one 'cuz I'm using revoboot. Even if I'd send you my dsdt It doesn't work for you.
I highly advice it to you, I'll never stop repeating It.

Oki doki :)
Cheers for try. I know that I shouldnt use others dsdt.

Hey I could really use some help here. This is my first Hackintosh build, and I’m running into some issues. Here it goes.

I have the P8Z68 motherboard and when I try to install using iboot from CD then install SL it loads the apple logo on the grey screen with the spinning wheel for a little while then it either KP’s or it just restarts. I’ve tried many different versions of iboot and SL and tried unplugging and disabling everything i could think of in BIOS. I can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong here and I’ve looked through this forum but I can’t seem to find anything that talks about installing, just fixing issues after install...I can’t even get to the installer. Any help would be much appreciated! And if this post is in the wrong spot and you could direct me to the correct place that would be great!

Thanks!

I've been using vdmesis's guide here: vdmesis guide for p8z68 deluxe

After booting into iboot, are you taking out the iboot disc, putting in the SN install disc, and hitting F5? You should see the SL install disc icon. Type PCIRootUID=1, hit enter, and you should boot into SL install disc.

I hope that is what you mean. If I'm totally off base, pardon me! :lol:

I've been using this guide to install 10.6.8 (not going to Lion).

- I've also had troubles installing speedstepper. After installing 10.6.8, my network worked so I just opened up this thread and copy/paste the command into the terminal. It worked.

- I've also had problems booting due to kp. I typed PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=0 and it allowed me to boot to desktop.

- Now I'm at step 22: installing Chimera. I use Multibeast and install Chimera, OS X boots fine, but after Chimera I lose network. Any ideas?

Thanks,

I am ashamed! :oops: :lol:

Thanks, lxlifestream. :clap:

I don't know what I did, but my About this Mac is looking better than before.

Thanks, everyone.

Thanks for your info

I will try later and update with results :D

Hi,

My config does not work in any way i tried...
Here are my specs:
- Asus P8Z68 Deluxe motherboard
- 2x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
- Nvidia GTX560 Ti

It starts with IBoot, then F5 for refresh, insert Mac OSX and then gives me panic kernels. I have tried with speed step turbo off and on, still same problem. I believe it is something with the graphic card. If I type -v command, it shows nvidia card UNKNOWN :)
So... don't waste your time, it doesn't work (installed this thing 10 times)

I have got some help and the os is installing. Thanks guys, you are real help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back