Contribute
Register

Asus P8P67 PRO + XFX 6850 = BIOS problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndyStubbs said:
If you still have the card try flipping the switch and using the backup bios on the card to see if its maybe a corrupted vga bios causing the problem - worth a try if you are bored lol

Ah, that's handy. But I don't see a switch on it. Usually by the Crossover connector, right?

JoshNYC said:
AndyStubbs said:
If you still have the card try flipping the switch and using the backup bios on the card to see if its maybe a corrupted vga bios causing the problem - worth a try if you are bored lol

Ah, that's handy. But I don't see a switch on it. Usually by the Crossover connector, right?

Sorry that's me being an idiot and confusing myself. It's only the 6950's and 6970's that have the dual bios. :oops:

No worries. I didn't even realize there were cards with a backup BIOS. Got the card today. Will do the install tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry for the multiple threads but I'm desperate (and don't want to have to take the next obvious step of RMA'ing my motherboard)...

After installing the replacement I'm seeing the same exact issues. See garbled video and can't reach BIOS. Works fine with GTX 460. Have tried everything (pull out RAM, disconnecting drives, CMOS reset, BIOS update, different PCI slot, standing on my head, pulling out hair...).

Anyone have a working version of this configuration (P67 PRO with XFX 6850 dual fan)? I'm beginning to think they're just not compatible somehow... :banghead:

hey not sure if you're still having problem or if you switched cards but i've got the xfx 6850 dual fan working on lion install and had it working on snow leopard install no problems. you can pm me if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back