Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D Installation Guide - Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Mr. beelzebozo im Luca from Italy and first sorry for my english.
I have a similar set ou of your pc but i have a problem with the ram .
i have 8gb of ram installed 2 x 4gb of corsair vengeance, i can see the 8 gb on the system profile but when i open the monitoring activity app the sistem work only with 4gb of ram, its really strange !!!

Here a desktop pic

www.hatestudio.it/asus.jpg

my configuration is :

MOB : ASUS P755D bios 1207 DATE:12/07/2009 MBEC :-0030
CPU : I7 860
RAM : 2X4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE
video : geforce 8400 gs

osx 10.6.3

There are any possibility that you can send me your folder named extra and i replace it ? this is ******** ? :)

Best regards

Luca

hi, hum sorry but i can't help you, i change my Motherboard recently for an Asus P6T and i 'm still fighting with ....

have you tried to check your ram from the terminal, like "cat /proc/meminfo" ?

good luck :headbang:

studer80 said:
HI Mr. beelzebozo im Luca from Italy and first sorry for my english.
I have a similar set ou of your pc but i have a problem with the ram .
i have 8gb of ram installed 2 x 4gb of corsair vengeance, i can see the 8 gb on the system profile but when i open the monitoring activity app the sistem work only with 4gb of ram, its really strange !!!

Here a desktop pic

http://www.hatestudio.it/asus.jpg

my configuration is :

MOB : ASUS P755D bios 1207 DATE:12/07/2009 MBEC :-0030
CPU : I7 860
RAM : 2X4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE
video : geforce 8400 gs

osx 10.6.3

There are any possibility that you can send me your folder named extra and i replace it ? this is ******** ? :)

Best regards

Luca

You should probably update your bios to version 2003 and update OS X to 10.6.7.

Did you install the 64 bit version of com.apple.boot.plist from MultiBeast?

Thnx man, i solve the issues, i update the bios, run the update 10.6.6 and update the dsdt but now its not wont shut down and o dont know why it like a little bit slowly on start and in shut down.

Du you have any kext or other that i can use to solve this issues ?

Sorry for my english and many thnx !!!!

Luca

renard_arg said:
hi this is great job thanx a lot

but i'm looking for a solution of multi boot .. let me explain

i made osx installation on a blank sata maxtor hard drive
i have already a mutli boot solution working before with grub and can load linux or win 7

but i' have certainly missed someting ...

so if i want to boot on osx i have to change my hard drive configuration in the p7p55d bios to AHCI the i boot directly on osx and can reach my other partition
and i have to do it again but change hard drive settings to Ide mode to boot on grub

if i try to boot on win 7 with ahci i'm getting a blue screen an crash during win 7 boot

i have also tried with plugin osx HD on the JBmicron SATA controller and the just have to change my boot order, but with this i can't reach any other hd even Dvd optical drive

so what i'm ideally looking for is a solution like add a new grub entry for osx but i still will have to deal with achi or ide mode on asus bios

i'm pretty sure that i missed sommeting or my answer is somewhere but haven't see it

thx for any answer
& again thx for great job here
renard_arg

Windows must configured for ahci, the "easiest" way is to install windows again with ahci "ON" in your bios, after that boot with iboot-cd and load MacOSX, install multibeast with chameleon bootloader again and look in your bios, the MacOS Harddrive must be the first boot device. After that you have the multiboot Screen and no more bios edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back