Contribute
Register

Asus P7P55D-E Pro/Nvidia GTX 460 1GB Card/I5 750 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
dotmerix thanks a million, it works just as you described, and my mobo is an MSI P55-GD80, the only things that didn't work after final reboot is LAN and ps2 keyboard, but its an easy fix, I used kexts in multibeast and I didn't even have to reboot. my audio works in itunes but I tried to watch a movie with VLC and there is no audio only video. will try other software for AVI files.

The guide worked great for me on a similar system. There's a few notes I can add.

After initially installing Snow Leopard, I had to switch discs back to iBoot to get into the OS. After the first time, I didn't need the disc in the drive to boot.

I had to fiddle with the sound to get it to work. I ended up downloading VoodooHDA from their site but still didn't get it working. The trick (which was in your guide) was unplugging the power from the computer and holding the power button, then restarting the system.

I've had 2 kernel panics and 2 complete freezes in a few hours of running the machine. It seems to be more stable now but is there anything I can tweak to get more stability?

This probably isn't the right place to ask but does anybody know of a kext for a Gigabyte GN-WP01GS PCI wireless network card? I think it uses the RT61 chipset. Right now I'm running a really crappy belkin usb wireless adaptor but it doesn't get great signal.

Thanks for the guide dotmerix. I didn't make it very far on my own.

Rastrillo said:
The guide worked great for me on a similar system. There's a few notes I can add.

After initially installing Snow Leopard, I had to switch discs back to iBoot to get into the OS. After the first time, I didn't need the disc in the drive to boot.

I had to fiddle with the sound to get it to work. I ended up downloading VoodooHDA from their site but still didn't get it working. The trick (which was in your guide) was unplugging the power from the computer and holding the power button, then restarting the system.

I've had 2 kernel panics and 2 complete freezes in a few hours of running the machine. It seems to be more stable now but is there anything I can tweak to get more stability?

This probably isn't the right place to ask but does anybody know of a kext for a Gigabyte GN-WP01GS PCI wireless network card? I think it uses the RT61 chipset. Right now I'm running a really crappy belkin usb wireless adaptor but it doesn't get great signal.

Thanks for the guide dotmerix. I didn't make it very far on my own.

I have not had any freezes at all on my system since getting it all installed. Do you have any type of overclock going right now?

Yes, I have my i5-655k overclocked to ~4ghz in the bios (it's an unlocked cpu) and it's run stable in Windows 7 for a few months. My OS X install does seem to be much more stable lately but I did have another complete freeze while playing L4D at max settings but a friend of mine said that v-sync in hl2 engine games makes them run terribly. I need to do some more testing but unfortunately I've been pretty busy lately. Running the CPU at stock speeds is probably worth trying.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you so much for the guide

I try to make it work so many time, but newer boot, only if I use iBoot CD

Now I have a PC thinking it is a Mac Pro with 8GB Ram, NICE :)
the only thing don't work is sleep, so if you have a solution on that I bee more happy

and now I can start making music again, it don't work so good in win7 only problem with drivers all the time.

So THANKS ! you make a old man very happy!

Tom/

Now I have a PC thinking it is a Mac Pro with 8GB Ram, NICE :)
the only thing don't work is sleep, so if you have a solution on that I bee more happy

Tom/

OK now I have the real Mac Pro! every thing work perfect even sleep.

I copy SleepEnabler.kext that you can find on this site
you can just type Cmd+Shift+G, type /Extra/Extensions, and press Enter).
copy SleepEnabler.kext to the folder and runs kext Utility and you dun.

Work grate for me, now I am home :) Thanks TonyMac for your really GOOD site!

Tom/

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for the guide. I have P7P55D, i5 760, gainward GT220 graphics and Audio, sleep and graphics all work first time! There is one little quirk and this may help others, when I try to change the resolution I get a blue screen, if I sleep my computer (pressing the power button auto sleeps) it wakes up in the correct resolution.

Thanks again and thanks Tony and Macman!

Hi I followed your Guide really carefully but after i installed everything and rebooted it booted up for the first time but when i shutdown it and put the extra memory again and my sound card it did not booted it just stuck in the Mac loading and i removed again the memory and sound card it did'nt boot again eveen in safe mode it just hangs and stucks and network was not working when i booted it for the first time

Trying to realize this guide on P7P55D-E Premium & Asus 480GTX.
Installation stalled at PCI configuration begins. What do i do?
I've tried to use iBoot (noraml and legacy) and Emprire EFI (normal and legacy).
MAC OS Install DVD 10.6.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back