Contribute
Register

ASUS P6TSE Successful Yosemite Build (No DSDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X Yosemite
CPU
i7 3.34
Graphics
GTX 470, GT 220
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first guide so I apologize if the formatting or information is lacking. I am making this build because it is extremely difficult to find a solid body of knowledge of the Asus P6TSE with it's ALC1200 audio card.

What you should know before starting: The installation guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html) provides a great resource, this guide is to get you through the sticky parts for our specific motherboard and overcome some of the obstacles I faced.

Start installation guide
Step 1: Download Yosemite
Step 2: Download Unibeast
Step 3: Run Unibeast with Yosemite
Step 4: Download Multibeast
Step 5: Put multibeast on USB
Step 6: Restart into installation - Bios setting may need to be played with (such as ACHI in the memory settings and place USB in boot order)
NOTE: You may need to type GraphicsEnabler=Yes when booting if screen goes to sleep when entering installation
Step 7: Boot into Yosemite Partition/Hard drive
Step 8: Launch Multibeast from USB or DL from tonymac.
Step 9: Install DSDT-Free Option, Apple ethernet (last option in networking) (GraphicsEnabler=Yes if you had to do it in the installation portion)
Step 10:Restart your computer (remove usb drive before restarting)
Step 11: Once you restart you should notice that you have no audio, which can be very frustrating. The best option that I have seen is to install ALC888 (we use the ALC1200, but ALC888 kext will allow it to work).
In order to get sound working do the following: Download Kextbeast from the downloads section on tonymac
From http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite-dps/ download ALC888 and HDAEnable7. Place both kext's on your desktop and use Kextbeast to have them installed. After the installation refresh the register and you should notice that your line in will show things such as headphones.

I would also recommend installing CUDA drives from NVIDIA

Here is my geekbench score: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/1037156

FaceTime should work

Problems

iMessages does not work
Hibernation/Sleep currently does not work (Reported by some to work, although I have not been able to get it to work on my setup)
Shutdown Problems - This is fixed with Multibeast 7.1 by installing desktop hibernation and evoreboot
Netflix (Silverlight) does not work with Safari/Chrome, it DOES work with Firefox though (HBOGO works with safari)

Please let me know if you have any questions, thank you

Huge shoutout to MacMan and TonyMac, you guys have increased my purchases of Apple hardware (iPad, iPhone), and made Apple a viable brand for me. Not only have you provided a great service to the Hackintosh community, but you have also increased the profits of Apple, as the desktop is my central hub, and without unibeast/multibeast I would not have any apple products in my home.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this - I really struggled to get the audio working on my P6T with Yosemite, and your instructions there really helped me out :)

Thanks so much for this - I really struggled to get the audio working on my P6T with Yosemite, and your instructions there really helped me out :)

Very glad I was able to help you - Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Your guide made me try to (re-)install Yosemite on my previous hackintosh with PT6 SE, i920 and a nVidia GTX660 (and a DSDT). And it works again (not tested extensively yet)!

This machine ran 10.6.8 for a few years, until I upgraded to the GTX660, and it did not boot anymore. I tried updating to Mavericks, but did not get it to run anymore, so I had given up.

EDIT: I only get sound from the headphones output (the headphones option appears when I plug them in).

EDIT2: Sleep appears to work

Last edited:
Thanks!

Your guide made me try to (re-)install Yosemite on my previous hackintosh with PT6 SE, i920 and a nVidia GTX660 (and a DSDT). And it works again (not tested extensively yet)!

This machine ran 10.6.8 for a few years, until I upgraded to the GTX660, and it did not boot anymore. I tried updating to Mavericks, but did not get it to run anymore, so I had given up.

EDIT: I only get sound from the headphones output (the headphones option appears when I plug them in).

EDIT2: Sleep appears to work

Very cool, glad I could help - How did you manage to get sleep working? Did you do anything outside of the guide? I see that you used a DSDT, that my have had an impact (although I won't claim to be an expert)

I just followed these instructions and have it working great. Haven't tried sound yet as Im trying to get networking to work. Turns out my wifi card isn't compatible (AR9485) but I cant even get any sort of ethernet connection to work either.

I just followed these instructions and have it working great. Haven't tried sound yet as Im trying to get networking to work. Turns out my wifi card isn't compatible (AR9485) but I cant even get any sort of ethernet connection to work either.

I apologize for the delay in response, but what type of ethernet card do you have?

Just wanted to add my two cents - this got the audio working in Yosemite on my plain old P6T. ALC1200, but using ALC888 as per instructions. I was using Multibeast Yosemite (7.1.1) which has ALC888 drivers, but those weren't working.

Thanks very much for your help and confirmation that I could get my aged (ha!) P6T working. Cheers.

Replying to my post - Audio has now stopped working as of 10.10.2 security updates, whatever those were. Hunting things down again. Tried reinstalling the ALC888 drivers but no luck.

Still hunting, will post updates once I have something interesting to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back