i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, given that the steps are identical to the Mavericks installation with the exception of items below, this post related to Yosemite installation will be short :)

For your convenience, I have included the link to the Mavericks installation: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-asus-p5q-mavericks-installation-success.html

The following are different from the Mavericks post:

1. I have used Unibeast 5.0.0 from tonymacx86.com web site
2. For post installation tune-up I have used Multibeast 7.0.0
3. Settings from Multibeast I have selected are:
- Chimera 4.0.0 as boot loader
- Tony black theme (I'm sure it works with any other theme as well)
- Under "Customize" I have selected "Kext Dev Mode". Without this setting the audio didn't work for me. Obviously, as stated in the Mavericks post, you have to delete AppleHDA.kext before installing the custom one for ASUS P5Q.
4. Just to confirm, I have used the same kexts for Ethernet and Audio attached to the Mavericks post.
5. IMPORTANT! Don't forget to use the IGPEnabler=No and GraphicsEnabler=Yes when booting from USB stick with Unibeast or from HDD.

As a note, I find Yosemite on P5Q faster than Mavericks.

Hope the above helps and good luck, ASUS P5Q owners :)

btw u don't need IGPEnabler=No as this is for intelHD which the cpu this MB series doesn't support ,also note that GraphicsEnabler=Yes is based on the VGA card u r using ,anything above ati 4xxx should use GraphicsEnabler=No unless in some rare cases where u can use Yes without getting any errors ,same goes for nvidia too.

ASUS P5K_PRO - Yosemite Installation Success

:headbang: Thanks ASUS P5K_PRO - Yosemite Installation Success

Has someone tried to install Yosemite on a P5Q or similar using clover ?

i dont come to the installer,got a failure "cant find mach kernel"
"press a key to continue"
can someone help please

thanks for the help:clap:

found it myself,it was a bootloader problem i updated chimera and now it is ok.

Greetings, I was very pleased to find this! :)
This will be my 2nd time doing a CustoMac ( got 10.4 working back in the day, with the original osx86Project, on my P5B )
Quick question, for my P5Q here, did you need to use the Legacy USB settings? Not quite sure what the "5 or 6 series" chipset is. Thanks!

Ok, as an addendum, tried without Legacy USB, but always getting kernel panic on booting from the USB drive. Tried the various boot flags, as indicated here and in the main Yosemite install thread, to no avail. Suggestions?

Photos of the kernel panics are attached.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• panics.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 405
Has someone tried to install Yosemite on a P5Q or similar using clover ?

Yes, I have Clover now on my P5Q. Obviously, as EFI since P5Q doesn't support UEFI.

OK, I got everything working and I even Merged all my setup from my previous Snow Leopard install. What I can not get working is my Diamond XS71 sound card (which I use the digital out RCA plug all the time) and the OS does not recognize the drive which I have Windows installed. When I had Snow Leopard I was able to to use both items and Parallels would open Windows. I believe it is the boot loader that is preventing this, but I need someone else's opinion on it. An help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back