Contribute
Register

Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP, So far so good, Ethernet & WIFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I messed up a few things, and had to start from scratch
This time the install went fine and i optimized it well, until i tested the Sleep. It slowed down the disks only, and i wouldnt wake up even with the power button.

I had do a cold boot, and my boot hang after wise. -v shows it's stuck at hfs checking the file system, after it shows how much orphaned files have been removed, it gets stuck there, no disk activity whatsoever.

I guess the issue can be fixed easily through UB, but any hope on Sleep working as it should?

Take a look at this guide and perform every step;
http://www.everythingmacintosh.com/tech-notes/repair-your-hard-disk-in-single-user-mode/
it is for a real mac so you have not to hit command-s as described but type -s at chimera or chameleon boot prompt.
For sleep in system preferences / energy saver you have to enable all except power nap.
Then in terminal:
1. sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage (this deletes the sleep image)

2. sudo ln -s /dev/null /var/vm/sleepimage (this disables the sleep image from regenerating after a restart)

3. sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 (this, as you know, disables hibernation)

Have a good day
Roberto

This is one of my strangest sets i have. I totally forgot about the issue and just turned the machine on and it booted well, had to restart due to an app install and was given the apple logo hang again. Restarted again, hanged at the gpt error, which always shows up rapidly and boots to Chameleon, but sometimea it freezes there.
Im puzzled.

Btw, i can live without hibernation, but what about sleep/stand by support?

Ps, is clover worth trying in this one??

This is one of my strangest sets i have. I totally forgot about the issue and just turned the machine on and it booted well, had to restart due to an app install and was given the apple logo hang again. Restarted again, hanged at the gpt error, which always shows up rapidly and boots to Chameleon, but sometimea it freezes there.
Im puzzled.

Btw, i can live without hibernation, but what about sleep/stand by support?

Ps, is clover worth trying in this one??

What's your bios vesion? Because it seems something bios related your issue.

What's your bios vesion? Because it seems something bios related your issue.

1305. Even the CMOS is crazy, it resets every time i have to plug the PSU out, so now power whatsoever means clear cmos to me (thanks for the bios screenshots, lifesavers). I changed the battery again, nothing. But again, i can live with it.

Hi @ all,

nice to find this thread about the P5K-E Mainboard.

I have a few questions and hope someone of you can get
me some informations for the best way.

I have tried different howto's to install an hackintosh, but no one is running :(

My goal was to install a hackintosh of a notebook (Dell Vostro 1500 or Dell Inspiron 9400)
but is not working with Mavericks.
Now i want to install it on my desktop system.

Here are my specs :

Mainboard Asus P5K-E/Wifi
CPU Queadcore Q8600
Memory 8GB
SATA Harddisk (250GB for testing)
Grapic card Nvidia GeForce GTX750 (2GB)

Now, what is the best way to install Mac OS Mavericks on that system ?
There are so much howto's in the net, but i dom't know, what is the best
way for that hardware.
I hope someone can give me some tips or a link to a working howto.
I'm very good in Linux and Windows, but not yet in mac os. I know it,
i have installed some systems (real macs).
So i think the needed know how i have.

Hope of a useful reply :)
Best regards and sorry for my bad english.
MrWeb

Hi @ all,

nice to find this thread about the P5K-E Mainboard.

I have a few questions and hope someone of you can get
me some informations for the best way.

I have tried different howto's to install an hackintosh, but no one is running :(

My goal was to install a hackintosh of a notebook (Dell Vostro 1500 or Dell Inspiron 9400)
but is not working with Mavericks.
Now i want to install it on my desktop system.

Here are my specs :

Mainboard Asus P5K-E/Wifi
CPU Queadcore Q8600
Memory 8GB
SATA Harddisk (250GB for testing)
Grapic card Nvidia GeForce GTX750 (2GB)

Now, what is the best way to install Mac OS Mavericks on that system ?
There are so much howto's in the net, but i dom't know, what is the best
way for that hardware.
I hope someone can give me some tips or a link to a working howto.
I'm very good in Linux and Windows, but not yet in mac os. I know it,
i have installed some systems (real macs).
So i think the needed know how i have.

Hope of a useful reply :)
Best regards and sorry for my bad english.
MrWeb

Go here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-far-so-good-ethernet-wifi-16.html#post764244
And follow the guide, you should be able to complete your installation.
Use unibeast to build an install memory stick

Hi, flicka,

This time I finally have time to upgrade my OS from WinXP to Win7 64bit.

It is a must to upgrade my BIOS from v602 to latest v1305 with SLIC patched :)

However, after that (upgrade BIOS and disabled Ethernet and do some CPU OC adjustment), I cannot boot into Mac anymore. It show the message and reboot again and again:

"Errors encountered while starting up the computer."
"Pausing 5 seconds..."

The MacOS can still booted into Desktop without problem, so, should I need to re-compile the DDST.aml based on new BIOS??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi, flicka,

This time I finally have time to upgrade my OS from WinXP to Win7 64bit.

It is a must to upgrade my BIOS from v602 to latest v1305 with SLIC patched :)

However, after that (upgrade BIOS and disabled Ethernet and do some CPU OC adjustment), I cannot boot into Mac anymore. It show the message and reboot again and again:

"Errors encountered while starting up the computer."
"Pausing 5 seconds..."

The MacOS can still booted into Desktop without problem, so, should I need to re-compile the DDST.aml based on new BIOS??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi marcmax,
Yes you have to recompile a new DSDT. You have to boot with DSDT=Null open MaciAsl, save a copy of the new virgin DSDT, apply the patches and put it in Extra. Go on the link in my previous post and download the revisited patches. For working audio you have to apply the new file for AppleHDA with HDAWizard. Download all and continue posting from the other link.

P.S.
Make sure the bios has the configuration for osx, at least AHCI.

flicka,

I did the suggestions you recommended:

1. Start with DSDT=Null and created virgin and patched HDMI audio DSDT.aml (compiled with 0 error), but the warring message ("Errors encountered while starting up the computer." "Pausing 5 seconds...") still existed. Somehow, the PC can still boot into Mac and use without problem. It seems the updated DSDT.aml may not the root of the problem.

2. I guess the BIOS setting, however, I need to try and error. Any hints?

3. Does the recommended, updated patches for 10.9.5 are download from here?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/143208-mavericks-p5k-e-wifi.html

4. Now the Mac is 10.9.4 without AppleHDA with HDAWizard updated, together with the updated patched DSDT. What if I update to 10.9.5, can you verify the steps for me:
1. Run 10.9.5 combo update
2. Repatch AppleRTC with Multibeast
3. Repatch AppleHDA with HDAWizard
4. Repair permission and cache
5. Reboot

Thanks a lot!

Hi marcmax,
Yes you have to recompile a new DSDT. You have to boot with DSDT=Null open MaciAsl, save a copy of the new virgin DSDT, apply the patches and put it in Extra. Go on the link in my previous post and download the revisited patches. For working audio you have to apply the new file for AppleHDA with HDAWizard. Download all and continue posting from the other link.

P.S.
Make sure the bios has the configuration for osx, at least AHCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back