Contribute
Register

Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP, So far so good, Ethernet & WIFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much Flicka. It does not matter. I wanted the sound in my hackin and at the end, the asus bios update crashed so you already know the final of the story.

I think that the best option is the last link that you give me.

In a few days I will be here with my pc trying to do properly everything. :banghead::banghead:

Do as you like, but copying the rom bios on a usb stick and connect it to the pc is worth a try.
The video is really explanatory.

@Kraft2k
glad to hear you have a working Hack, but in every case I advise you to follow the guide, because having a proper DSDT and patched kext give you more benefits. Working onboard ethernet and audio, (analogic and digital), sleep and autosleep, faster boot and all this without compromising your hardware that will continue to work as before. It is worth to give it a try. Should you give your hack an SSD you will be amazed how the performance growth.

Flicka, i have found some time to do a fresh install and used a new disk for that, i have noticed my WD Raptor with 10k rpm was under-performing due to being sata1.

installed it on a sata2 and the difference could be felt, but i've hit some walls through your Guide.

The chameleon bootloader stops at an error with BT, Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport. tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes, -x, -x -f, nothing...

I dont have bluetooth at all, what is this?

Hi kraft2k
You have to be more specific and tell me all the steps you have performed. It is important you follow the guide in every step beginning from bios settings. You have the issue before or after the installation ?

@flicka - hey thanks for your guide.... patience alot he must have..!
Anyways, quick question about this step in your guide:

'Unzip "P5K-E ADI1988b Audio" on the desktop, open up "HDAWizard" and load the needed files, (take a cue from the attached picture) and click patch.'

I already have a working 10.9.2 system but just now realised am not getting audio from my Line In (Input) - see attached.
Can't figure out why not since the Input level meter shows it is receiving the audio input.
All Output connections, digital and analog work fine.

Anyhow, I opened up HDAWizard to try patching my AppleHDA.kext as you instruct but don't know what I am supposed to do - (take a cue from the attached picture) - I don't see a picture...?

HDAWizard shows me a drop-down list of drivers Reaktek AKC889 etc, but no AD1988b ...

What next?
Cheers :)

p.s. Oh, the Line In is the onboard mic jack (pink) on the back of the P5K-E wifi motherboard...

Attachments

• syspref_sound.jpg
    syspref_sound.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 97
@starship
When you unzip "P5K-E ADI1988b Audio" you get a folder. In this folder there are HdaWizard.app and four files; one of them, named "Schermata 2014-01-21 alle 18.36.54" is the image you have to look for. The other three files are the ones that you have to load in HdaWizard taking a cue from the image (leave binpatch unchecked).
Remember that you have to perform this change on a original AppleHda. You have to explain how did you get your audio working. If you use voodoohda or others enablers you have to uninstall it or you get a mess. It is really strange how your audio input behave and i don't realize how do you determine it. (What are you trying to do with your mic; Skype, FaceTime ?). Normally movings meters are a sign of a working mic. Let me know

Ok thanks for reply @flicka, i will try that and report back.

Original OS install was vanilla ML using @leeyuentuen's guide (http://blog.vondroid.com/?p=2958)... he provided DSDT and working patched copy of AppleHDA (which I am using now) and other kexts for P5K-E and it all still works up to Mavericks, only I have just noticed the Line In input problem.

I am trying to record some old cassette tapes from a walkman.
It is weird since I can see the mic meter moving (i've tried other inputs back and front and they show nothing on the level meter)?

If it doesn't work after using HDAWizard patch on original AppleHDA, I will look at my DSDT configuration and see what layout-id is set....

Hi kraft2k
You have to be more specific and tell me all the steps you have performed. It is important you follow the guide in every step beginning from bios settings. You have the issue before or after the installation ?

What's your bios version? If you have installed a DSDT try to boot with DSDT=Null

My bios is the latest one.

What i have done:

- Installed 10.9.1 through Unibeast, booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- Booted the freshly installed mavericks disk through Unibeast USB, again with GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- Installed latest Chameleon and rebooted.

that is where i am stuck, chameleon wont boot properly with whatever command.

I have my Extras folder ready, with the DSDT inside you shared with me, but i have not done anything with it yet since i have never dealt with Extra before. Should i just paste it to the root dir?

sorry for the delay, really appreciate your help, having issues dealing with free time here, barely got any.

My bios is the latest one.

What i have done:

- Installed 10.9.1 through Unibeast, booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- Booted the freshly installed mavericks disk through Unibeast USB, again with GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- Installed latest Chameleon and rebooted.

that is where i am stuck, chameleon wont boot properly with whatever command.

I have my Extras folder ready, with the DSDT inside you shared with me, but i have not done anything with it yet since i have never dealt with Extra before. Should i just paste it to the root dir?

sorry for the delay, really appreciate your help, having issues dealing with free time here, barely got any.

I think that copying the extra folder in the root can do the trick but I'm not sure. I suggest to do a fresh install following the guide. It's easier than you think.
If you do an installation in your own way is hard for me to help you.

Ok thanks for reply @flicka, i will try that and report back.

Original OS install was vanilla ML using @leeyuentuen's guide (http://blog.vondroid.com/?p=2958)... he provided DSDT and working patched copy of AppleHDA (which I am using now) and other kexts for P5K-E and it all still works up to Mavericks, only I have just noticed the Line In input problem.

I am trying to record some old cassette tapes from a walkman.
It is weird since I can see the mic meter moving (i've tried other inputs back and front and they show nothing on the level meter)?

If it doesn't work after using HDAWizard patch on original AppleHDA, I will look at my DSDT configuration and see what layout-id is set....

As I said to Kraft2k, if you do not use the guide it is really hard for me to help you. An example: you say you've followed "@leeyuentuen's guide... he provided DSDT and working patched copy of AppleHDA". Leeyuentuen provide no patched AppleHDA. He is using an external usb audio device. These are his own words:

"Small changes difference then the previous guides. On this guide I’ve use a USB audio device to replace my default motherboard audio. Main reason is that after update the OS X, we need re-patch the audio device, but using USB audio device (around few euro to buy them) you can use the official kext files from apple (AppleHDA). This made us use more closely to the official Installation. I’ve order a “USB 2.0 virtual 7.1 Channel High Quality sound card adapter” for around 1,90 euro included shipping cost from China."

For me it is really a mystery how did you run your audio.
I would add that it is not a good idea to use the DSDT from another hack: it is not guaranteed to work, so I suggest you make your own DSDT, since it is also easy. Try to follow the step by step guide from start to finish, making sure to have an original Applehda and no hdaenabler. Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back