Contribute
Register

Asus N76VB Intel HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed my touchpad to the extend that it's functional, by using a ELAN kext. But in settings, under trackpad, i don't have the gesture options of a normal macbook, some gestures just work, others don't and some even different.

I also fixed brightness control, although not with keyboard control yet.

I'm currently working on batterystatus, i installed the kext in your guide about it, and it detects that i'm charging my laptop, but when i unplug it, it can't detect the percentage, when i click on the battery, it says "Calculating Time Remaining", My specific laptop isn't listed in your repo, i have no idea how to fix it.

It is likely one of the existing ASUS battery patches will work with your system.

There are only two of them to try. If you post your DSDT.aml I'll tell you which one is a likely match.

The battery is working, thanks! :D, you can add my laptop model to the list of supported laptops in the patch.

I'm almost done getting my laptop 100% working.
There are only 5 issues left that i'm facing.

I'm currently trying to get the touchpad to work properly, and my keyboard backlight to work.

For the touchpad, it's an ELAN, and i've tried 2 different ELAN kexts that i found on the internet, but non seem to do the trick, with the last one i tried, i can now use multitouch, and some gestures like the 4 finger swipe, which works just like a bamboo tablet, you don't get to control the speed of the workspace switch, like you can on a apple trackpad. and the max speed is a bit slower than i'd like it to be, on windows the trackpad is blazing fast. but the biggest issue is that scrolling is extremely slow.

I haven't found anything about keyboard backlight yet

The battery is working, thanks! :D, you can add my laptop model to the list of supported laptops in the patch.

Thanks... added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back