Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

I'm trying to hackintosh my Asus N76VB-T4038H.
Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Chipset: Intel Mobile HM76
GPU: Intel HD4000 and GeForce GT740M
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Ethernet: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161
WiFi: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG

I'll attach a full spec file, i know i actually have to add my specs to my profile, but i already have my desktop there.

After a lot of effort, i found a way to install the OS. Only having USB 3.0 was a big challenge. I installed Yosemite because El Capitan requires UniBeast 6, which uses clover, and i can't get clover to boot, i assume that's because of USB 3, It comes up with boot1 Error /boot 5. So i used UniBeast 5 with Yosemite to get that installed. After That fully works, i'll upgrade it to El Capitan in some way.

I used this guide to make the installer USB: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

After installation, i can boot without any flags, but my internal display does not work, it starts black, then the edges light up and slowly go to the center in a grey color. When i plug a HDMI monitor in, that monitor works with full acceleration. Ethernet works, sound doesn't, the touchpad works but without gestures, and i'm yet to find out what else needs fixing.

The monitor problem is my largest one right now. I'm stuck :(
What can i do to get it working? Thanks in advanceView attachment N76VB-T4038H.txt IMG_20160331_215043.jpgIMG_20160331_215022.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply :D

I added my laptop specs to my signature, if there's anything i forgot, i will add that too.

I'm going to use the clover method to install the bootloader to my HDD once the installation is working properly. Is it possible that using Clover solves the problem? i'm at work now, i have access to a imac here, as well as a HDMI display, but i have limited time due to work.

As for the trackpad, I can't find the manufacturer as it just says ASUS Touchpad everywhere.

My installation as it is right now, is a clean install without any post installation procedures, i broke it with multibeast yesterday and had to reinstall.

Is it possible that using Clover solves the problem?

No sense in not using Clover with a UEFI capable system. ASUS laptops will not boot legacy from a GPT drive. Hence, the suggestion to use Clover. Many other advantages to Clover as well (as documented in the guide).

As for the trackpad, I can't find the manufacturer as it just says ASUS Touchpad everywhere.

Dig deeper into Device Manager. You will likely find it is ELAN.

I installed clover to my EFI partition, but i can't boot from the drive at all. My BIOS does not see the HDD as a bootable device, i used to use the HDD as a storage device and i use my SSD as my Linux/windows dual boot.

I have the feeling i have to reformat the HDD entirely in order to get this fixed, but i also have a storage partition on that drive, it's a lot of work to get that off of there, so i'm hesitant to do this, is there any other way to get the HDD to be bootable?

I installed clover to my EFI partition, but i can't boot from the drive at all. My BIOS does not see the HDD as a bootable device, i used to use the HDD as a storage device and i use my SSD as my Linux/windows dual boot.

I have the feeling i have to reformat the HDD entirely in order to get this fixed, but i also have a storage partition on that drive, it's a lot of work to get that off of there, so i'm hesitant to do this, is there any other way to get the HDD to be bootable?

I managed to boot without error, with working internal display and acceleration, no bootflags needed :D

I did it by manually adding a boot entry in the BIOS.

Now I can install some kexts and get everything to work. Wireless is going to be a thing, I need to find out if any of the compatible WiFi cards are compatible with my laptop.

I managed to boot without error, with working internal display and acceleration, no bootflags needed :D

I did it by manually adding a boot entry in the BIOS.

Now I can install some kexts and get everything to work. Wireless is going to be a thing, I need to find out if any of the compatible WiFi cards are compatible with my laptop.

Please make sure your profile/signature indicates your laptop make/model.

I added my laptop make and model to my sig :D

I'm currently using the clover method of upgrading to el capitan, after that, my main focus is being able to adjust the screen brightness. Patching the DSDT file seems like a hard thing to do, and time consuming, i never needed to touch DSDT when hackintoshing my desktop. I read about AddPNLF_1000000 in conjunction with your backlight kext, how do i apply this patch? do i have to do it with clover configurator, or add it somewhere in the config.plist file using TextEdit

Edit: Upgraded to el capitan, my USB ports stopped working, i have no idea how to fix them

I added my laptop make and model to my sig :D

I'm currently using the clover method of upgrading to el capitan, after that, my main focus is being able to adjust the screen brightness. Patching the DSDT file seems like a hard thing to do, and time consuming, i never needed to touch DSDT when hackintoshing my desktop. I read about AddPNLF_1000000 in conjunction with your backlight kext, how do i apply this patch? do i have to do it with clover configurator, or add it somewhere in the config.plist file using TextEdit

Never use a text editor to edit config.plist. Always use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Edit: Upgraded to el capitan, my USB ports stopped working, i have no idea how to fix them

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

I fixed my touchpad to the extend that it's functional, by using a ELAN kext. But in settings, under trackpad, i don't have the gesture options of a normal macbook, some gestures just work, others don't and some even different.

I also fixed brightness control, although not with keyboard control yet.

I'm currently working on batterystatus, i installed the kext in your guide about it, and it detects that i'm charging my laptop, but when i unplug it, it can't detect the percentage, when i click on the battery, it says "Calculating Time Remaining", My specific laptop isn't listed in your repo, i have no idea how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back