Contribute
Register

Asus N752VX

yes I see.. why I have 4?
you did it wrong?

actually, i just exported a new set of files from Hackintool and can see it listed 4 times :)

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 4
so 4x is good :) ?
if it is like my new file above then yes, I think an update happened with hackintool to change that

nothing to worry about :)

if it is like my new file above then yes, I think an update happened with hackintool to change that

nothing to worry about :)
if you didnt change anythin else, than it is :) it is kext from your efi folder....

if you didnt change anythin else, than it is :) it is kext from your efi folder....
then you are good to go

just make sure you are using the same smbios in your config.plist as you are in your USBPorts.Kext info.plist :)

do you guys have any monitor flickering? I have this mostly when I use brave watching ytube.

Last edited:
do you guys have any monitor flickering? I have this mostly when I use brave watching ytube.
not seeing an issue, have not got brave installed but youtube on chrome works with no issues

not seeing an issue, have not got brave installed but youtube on chrome works with no issues
maybe its brave. it has build in add blocker for ytube. I heard about this if ytube detects blocker, some code slows downs the system. I will use only chrom or safari for few days.

I still dont understand why my laptop automatically turn on after few minutes from shutdown.

there is only 2 places it needs to be changed

attached is the kext I am using for Sonoma

to upgrade to Sonoma, first thing is to change smbios to MacBookPro15,2
I kept the same ig-platform-id and device-id I used for Ventura, graphics worked great as do the hdmi and dp port

after rebooting, I went to system settings and checked for updates and saw Sonoma was available

downloaded and installed

after installation, followed the directions here:

to block the kext, add in new kexts, changed SIP settings etc

then rebooted

then ran OCLP and applied just the root patches, rebooted and wifi started working
sonoma is working great with no issues. but I am back to ventura, dont like sip to be dissabled all the time.
i did fresh install without brave, i dont have auto start/boot for now... 3 days.

@Feartech Thanks for the explanations on Venture here. I followed the instructions and managed to get it running. Changed from McBook 13.1 to 14.1, updated device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id as instructed as well as changing USB Kext to 14.1. Worked like a charm, including triple boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. From what I understand we're not trying Sonoma. I think I have the same Wifi card as you and wouldn't want to lose Wifi/Bluetooth. Thanks again for the clear instructions!
Nice. How do you boot to windows or ubuntu? Do you boot with OC or with bios holding esc key and select disk/OS?

Back