Contribute
Register

Asus N752VX

@Feartech Thanks for the explanations on Venture here. I followed the instructions and managed to get it running. Changed from McBook 13.1 to 14.1, updated device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id as instructed as well as changing USB Kext to 14.1. Worked like a charm, including triple boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. From what I understand we're not trying Sonoma. I think I have the same Wifi card as you and wouldn't want to lose Wifi/Bluetooth. Thanks again for the clear instructions!
actually i have been experimenting a little for the past few days and have Sonoma running

@Feartech Thanks for the explanations on Venture here. I followed the instructions and managed to get it running. Changed from McBook 13.1 to 14.1, updated device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id as instructed as well as changing USB Kext to 14.1. Worked like a charm, including triple boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. From what I understand we're not trying Sonoma. I think I have the same Wifi card as you and wouldn't want to lose Wifi/Bluetooth. Thanks again for the clear instructions!
How to change USBPorts.kext to 14.1? Where? I didnt changed this. I still have reboot after shutting down, mybe this is the couse.

How to change USBPorts.kext to 14.1? Where? I didnt changed this. I still have reboot after shutting down, mybe this is the couse.
you edit the info.plist in the kext file right click the kext and choose show package contents

you should see it listed twice

you edit the info.plist in the kext file right click the kext and choose show package contents

you should see it listed twice
ok thanks. In what editor should I open info.plist, properthree?

yes, that will work

PlistEditPro would also work :)
I changed it 4 times, twice in the respective „headers“ and twice as the actual entries. No idea if the headers matter though. Also, if you feel comfortable with your sonoma system - mind sharing your thoughts on how to get it done? I understand another spoofing is required…

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 16.39.26.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 16.39.26.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 5
I changed it 4 times, twice in the respective „headers“ and twice as the actual entries. No idea if the headers matter though. Also, if you feel comfortable with your sonoma system - mind sharing your thoughts on how to get it done? I understand another spoofing is required…
there is only 2 places it needs to be changed

attached is the kext I am using for Sonoma

to upgrade to Sonoma, first thing is to change smbios to MacBookPro15,2
I kept the same ig-platform-id and device-id I used for Ventura, graphics worked great as do the hdmi and dp port

after rebooting, I went to system settings and checked for updates and saw Sonoma was available

downloaded and installed

after installation, followed the directions here:

to block the kext, add in new kexts, changed SIP settings etc

then rebooted

then ran OCLP and applied just the root patches, rebooted and wifi started working

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 6
Like this?
the post above as a copy of my kext (although it is using MacBookPro15,2) you will see it in only 2 places

Back