Contribute
Register

ASUS N752VX hangs at first boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did. With the Nvidia-disabled BIOS and with a refresh of the settings - w/ DVMT, etc - it looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2zbj8frov5qbwh/VID_20190809_151212.mp4?dl=0

Somehow different, but now with the latest version of CLOVER on the USB drive, no drives are recognized, be it PCI-E or SATA.

I fear I have to dismantle the system completely to figure out if I can install anything while preserving my data.
attached is my clover folder (serials etc removed)

also a kexts zip that is to be installed to /Library/Extensions

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • kexts.zip
    4 MB · Views: 67
attached is my clover folder (serials etc removed)

also a kexts zip that is to be installed to /Library/Extensions
Thanks a lot, man.

You're saving me a lot of work, I could not have asked for more :)

Next week I'm tearing all the system apart. Currently, I don't have the tools to start from scratch as I think I have to. Not even screwdrivers or spare USB dongles.

Maybe I'm missing something, which version of CLOVER are you using?

:)

Thanks a lot, man.

You're saving me a lot of work, I could not have asked for more :)

Next week I'm tearing all the system apart. Currently, I don't have the tools to start from scratch as I think I have to. Not even screwdrivers or spare USB dongles.

Maybe I'm missing something, which version of CLOVER are you using?

:)
using version 4972 which seems to work pretty good

also i swapped out the intel wifi for a DW1560 (BCM94352Z)

what the situation of your laptop at the moment?

using version 4972 which seems to work pretty good

also i swapped out the intel wifi for a DW1560 (BCM94352Z)

what the situation of your laptop at the moment?

I have just the same DW1560 :)

I took a short break from the ASUS - I'm on holiday, I have no tools whatsoever with me, like screwdrivers or other computer hardware.

I'm going to build a USB dongle with your files pretty soon. Thanks for your time and dedication.

I have just the same DW1560 :)

I took a short break from the ASUS - I'm on holiday, I have no tools whatsoever with me, like screwdrivers or other computer hardware.

I'm going to build a USB dongle with your files pretty soon. Thanks for your time and dedication.
let me know how you get on

let me know how you get on
Well, thanks.

It took me some time and patience.
As you can see now the system is working again, thanks to your contribution.

I don't know why but Clover won't boot the former CCC backup partition which runs High Sierra. No problem though, just some drag-and-drop was enough.
Clover version later than 4972 won't let me boot Mojave 10.14.6, so I am definitely going to stick with that version.

Everything is working flawlessly, now I just have to find out what your changed DSDT do, I see that some were modified last June, so it must be an ongoing process..

Thanks again. Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 12.59.26.png

Well, thanks.

It took me some time and patience.
As you can see now the system is working again, thanks to your contribution.

I don't know why but Clover won't boot the former CCC backup partition which runs High Sierra. No problem though, just some drag-and-drop was enough.
Clover version later than 4972 won't let me boot Mojave 10.14.6, so I am definitely going to stick with that version.

Everything is working flawlessly, now I just have to find out what your changed DSDT do, I see that some were modified last June, so it must be an ongoing process..

Thanks again.View attachment 423607
glad it is working, i don't use a DSDT but my updated file can be found here:

maybe worth reading the whole thread :)

Asus N752VX. Works great with version 10.13.2. The problem with the installation 10.13.6 and 10.14.6.
I changed bios to a modified one, without disconnecting the GTX 950m, additional configuration options appeared. Installed bios by default, dvmt 64mb, bkb 128mb. EFI Folder by Feartech. Created a flash drive from 10.14.6, Added Clover. I boot from the USB flash drive, create an additional container with the disk utility. In the MacOS Utility window, TouchPad, Wi-Fi works, shows the battery charge. I start the macOS installation. After installation, reboot. I boot from the flash drive, I indicate the Boot MacOS Install section. A window is displayed. It is not possible to install macOS on your computer. What is the problem?

Hey @Feartech
From your info I can see that you are using OpenCore for your ASUS N752VX laptop. Can you share your EFI folder?
Thanks in advance

Hey @Feartech
From your info I can see that you are using OpenCore for your ASUS N752VX laptop. Can you share your EFI folder?
Thanks in advance
you have the same laptop as me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back