Contribute
Register

Asus n56vz-4037v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi man, i have couple of more questions. i'm really confused :)

I have an 128gb ssd
750gb 7200rpm hdd

1) making my computer to dualboot do I have to install os x and windows on seperate hdds or can I install windows and osx to ssd? (I'm asking this again because I just saw someone doing dual boot from same hdd)

2) I tried to find someone with mac but I couldn't. So I have to make the usb from my VMWare, or is there anyway to make it from my windows 7? I have the OS X Mavericks.dmg that I downloaded from mac app store

3) Most confusing part is(because I have no idea what is this one) UEFI boot. Could you please explain me what is this. How can I switch to UEFI. do I need to do something different while I'm making my windows 7 DVD?

4) And today I was buying my ssd and the guy in technical services told me that my computer doesn't support uefi. but there's couple of people on youtube succesfully installed osx to their asus n56vz.

That's it for now :)

Hi man, i have couple of more questions. i'm really confused :)

I have an 128gb ssd
750gb 7200rpm hdd

1) making my computer to dualboot do I have to install os x and windows on seperate hdds or can I install windows and osx to ssd? (I'm asking this again because I just saw someone doing dual boot from same hdd)

Either will work.

2) I tried to find someone with mac but I couldn't. So I have to make the usb from my VMWare, or is there anyway to make it from my windows 7? I have the OS X Mavericks.dmg that I downloaded from mac app store

It doesn't come in a DMG, but...

3) Most confusing part is(because I have no idea what is this one) UEFI boot. Could you please explain me what is this. How can I switch to UEFI. do I need to do something different while I'm making my windows 7 DVD?

UEFI only matters if you're planning to use Clover. If you're a beginner, Clover is not recommended.

4) And today I was buying my ssd and the guy in technical services told me that my computer doesn't support uefi. but there's couple of people on youtube succesfully installed osx to their asus n56vz.

You don't need UEFI to install OS X.

It doesn't come in a DMG, but...

oh w/e the file format is :D the download is not finished yet. I didn't see the file format. and but...?

UEFI only matters if you're planning to use Clover. If you're a beginner, Clover is not recommended.
what is clover? and yes i'm beginner.

You don't need UEFI to install OS X.
do I need for dual boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back