Graphics
Intel HD4000 & Nvidia GT 650M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody, first of all I apologize for my bad english, and my nescient, knowledge about computers and operating systems :)

I have asus n56vz-4037v laptop, and I want to buy an ssd and install mavericks to my laptop. but because of my english i'm having hard time to understand how is this installing process works.

I understand that not every hardware supports osx. And If you guys could check my hardware and help me understand if my laptop can handle, work osx.

• Intel® Core™ i7 3610QM Processor
  • Intel® HM76 Chipset
  • DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 8gb
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM

and I have another question, since i'm going to install osx to secondary ssd is it possible to make dualboot without formatting my original windows 7?

Hi everybody, first of all I apologize for my bad english, and my nescient, knowledge about computers and operating systems :)

I have asus n56vz-4037v laptop, and I want to buy an ssd and install mavericks to my laptop. but because of my english i'm having hard time to understand how is this installing process works.

I understand that not every hardware supports osx. And If you guys could check my hardware and help me understand if my laptop can handle, work osx.

• Intel® Core™ i7 3610QM Processor
  • Intel® HM76 Chipset
  • DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 8gb
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM

You never know until you try... If your GT650M is switched, it will not work and you'll use only the HD4000 that is built-in the CPU.

See here for more compatibility info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

And this is the general guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

and I have another question, since i'm going to install osx to secondary ssd is it possible to make dualboot without formatting my original windows 7?

If you can place multiple HDDs in your laptop, yes. If not, no. Also, you'll will be able to boot your existing Windows install off its original HDD if it is not a UEFI installation of Windows.

You never know until you try... If your GT650M is switched, it will not work and you'll use only the HD4000 that is built-in the CPU.

See here for more compatibility info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

And this is the general guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

If you can place multiple HDDs in your laptop, yes. If not, no. Also, you'll will be able to boot your existing Windows install off its original HDD if it is not a UEFI installation of Windows.

wow you're really fast :)

If your GT650M is switched, it will not work
what do you meant by this?

If you can place multiple HDDs in your laptop, yes. If not, no. Also, you'll will be able to boot your existing Windows install off its original HDD if it is not a UEFI installation of Windows
i will be adding ssd as 2nd hdd. and what is 'UEFI installation of windows?'

wow you're really fast :)

what do you meant by this?

If your laptop uses "Optimus" to switch between nvidia/HD4000. It is covered somewhat in the compatibility link.

i will be adding ssd as 2nd hdd. and what is 'UEFI installation of windows?'

Windows can be booted in either legacy or UEFI. Many new computers (especially with Win8) boot in UEFI. Chimera/Chameleon cannot boot a UEFI installation of Windows, and because changing BIOS options just to boot into a different system is a pain, generally you reinstall Windows in legacy mode.

If your partition table is GPT for your Windows system disk, then you have a UEFI install of Windows. If it is MBR, then you have a legacy install.

Oh I feel really stupid :) but I read your laptop compatibility article before I post this thread. but i can't really understand because lack of my knowledge.

is it too much to ask you to check the cpu-z screen shots of my laptop?

Oh I feel really stupid :) but I read your laptop compatibility article before I post this thread. but i can't really understand because lack of my knowledge.

is it too much to ask you to check the cpu-z screen shots of my laptop?

I don't see what good that will do. The CPU will work. HD4000 will work. It is all the details that trip people up (and bad advice they read on the internet).

The take-away should be that you won't know until you try it. And now with Mavericks free, what is stopping you from trying?

I don't see what good that will do. The CPU will work. HD4000 will work. It is all the details that trip people up (and bad advice they read on the internet).

The take-away should be that you won't know until you try it. And now with Mavericks free, what is stopping you from trying?

thank you for taking your time and answering my questions. I have one last question, it has nothing to do with any of this. I have VMWare working mavericks 10.9, when I try to download mavericks 10.9 to make an installation usb i get this message.

OS X v10.9 is already installed on this computer. Use the Updates page to install the 10.9 update or if you would like to download the full OS X installer click Continue.

and when I click continue, nothing happens. do you have any clue why I can't download?

i don't really own mac :) what could go wrong with vmware?

A year ago I owned no Apple products either. I borrowed a Mac from a friend for an afternoon the first time (now I own a MacBookAir, AppleTV, iPad, and iPhone).

For some the VM approach does not create a valid USB.

A year ago I owned no Apple products either. I borrowed a Mac from a friend for an afternoon the first time (now I own a MacBookAir, AppleTV, iPad, and iPhone).

For some the VM approach does not create a valid USB.

I own an iphone but, in Turkey you need to pay a car price to buy apple products. 1500$ macbook is 3000$ :) last time i checked iphone 5s 16gb was something around 1500$-2000$. maybe I can barrow a macbook from a friend for couple of hours to make usb.

and thank you again for your answers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back