Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello everyone,

This week I build my new desktop and planning on dualboot!
I need help for sure cause im not experienced and know ing that skylake is a bit harder
My specs are
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
i5-6600K
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Ram:2x8gb(3000Mhtz,Ripjaws 4)
Samsung EVO 500GB
Coolermaster storm trooper
Coolermaster neptune 240m

I successful make my USB with UniBeast 6.1.1 with El Capitan 10.11.03, and I get to the Clover boot screen. But, I can't get to installation. I finally get black screen with a white circle and a line across!
By reading the Skylake starter guide, I copied the cofig plist from starter guide. My EFI partition of USB on kexts folder other ,10.11 and 10.10 the following

Thanks a lot, any advice is appreciated!!
View attachment verbose mode 1.pdf

Attachments

• apple logo.jpg
    apple logo.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, did you ever manage to get your board working? I have the same motherboard as you and its killing me to get to the installer. I have also followed the guide but im not using SSDTs, i dont recommend them as they usually end in disaster.

Why dont you try your config without the USB SSDT?

Just wanted to document my findings regarding Skylake and Asus Maximus VIII Hero. I managed to boot to OSX desktop using 14,2 profile from clover configurator with NO other options. However i can only manage to install via USB, thats to say, i had to slave my SSD with a sata to usb converter, and use my bootable clover EFI on a USB stick to reach the OSX installer.

El Capitan desktop can only be reached after the initial install with the bootable USB stick still connected and with the SSD connected via sata to usb converter, and only after the automatic reboot that occurs after successful OSX install.

Now i presume this occurs because there is an EFI partition active before (and thus after) the restart so it boots off it? I have tried creating an exclusive EFI partition on the SSD by installing Clover and when that didn't work, i swapped out the Clover folder with the one from my bootable USB (this guide explains how at point 5), however the BIOS still never sees an UEFI partition on the SSD, slaved via my converter or connected as disk 1 on the internal sata channel.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, but there must be a way that i can boot off the EFI on my SSD?
I believe this has something to do with my error listed earlier in this thread where the installer was unable to unmount the drive and hence i was forced to install El Capitan with the sata 2 USB converter.

I have removed my GFX cards out the equation... both 980's are detached and im using the onboard Intel HD graphics via HDMI, if that helps anyone :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back