Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi, building a new PC with the ASUS Maximus VI Formula motherboard and I was wondering if it would be possible to run MacOSX on it. It doesn't have to run the latest MacOS either, I've actually been threatening to downgrade back to Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro!...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi, building a new PC with the ASUS Maximus VI Formula motherboard and I was wondering if it would be possible to run MacOSX on it. It doesn't have to run the latest MacOS either, I've actually been threatening to downgrade back to Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro!...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Welcome Yapstick,

To get Snow Leopard running properly, take a look at this buyers guide as a starting point:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/building-sandy-bridge-customac-buyers.html

You will notice that this is from 2011, this is due to the fact that 10.6.8 is able to run on this older hardware. If you are building using the latest Haswell hardware like the Asus Maximus VI Formula, then you can use Mountain Lion 10.8.5 or Mavericks. Snow Leopard is unsuitable and your hardware is a complete waste of your own money in this regard.

Adrian B

Maximus VI is not old hardware. It is an LGA 1150 Haswell motherboard released by Asus in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back