Contribute
Register

Asus Maximus VI Extreme - OS X as the only OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacPro 6,1 worked fine under 10.9.2 but under 10.9.3, I had to change to iMac 14,2 and add the boot flag PCIRootUID=0 to get my video and power management working normally again. Apple changed the power management and video drivers in 10.9.3 which was a bit of a headache but fixable.

Thanks a lot, I'll try that out a bit later today. Any thoughts about the audio not working for me. Do you remember anything special you did?

I had to load the 1150 sound driver via Multibeast to get audio working. With 10.9.3, there is an issue with a pop sound occurring after sound hadn't been used for a while. I suspect this was some kind of power management issue where the controller gets put into a low power mode after a while and it suddenly needs to play audio. I tried a few things but nothing really eliminated it so I decided to use an old Griffen USB iMic sound device instead and it works without any annoyances.

You need make sure you have the latest BIOS installed. This is critical as older bios versions will be problematic. Also make sure you have any over clocking turned off when doing the build to be sure the rig is actually stable during the build process.

I haven't created a guide specifically for the M6E (yet) but I will do what I can to help you. For my build, I followed the 10.9 install guide and EFI partition boot loader guide (links to both are on a previous post on this thread) and was able to get up and running.

I've upgraded the rig a bit since I did the build as a Hackintosh Pro in May including pulling the GTX 690 and replacing it with a GTX 780. The latest specs plus part numbers are in my profile. I also changed my system identifier to an iMac as 10.9.3 changed the behavior of power management.

Is your rig a fresh build or is it a dual boot?

Thanks for your reply.

I'm currently using the rig for gaming :p Built it a while back. But I'll be dual booting once I get Mavericks installed. I've got a separate hard drive for that.

I'm not on that machine machine right now. I will double check the bios and post back.

My problem is when booting the installer, Unibeast. It takes be right back to the bios.

Also, I don't see the option to Disable Haswell integrated GPU in my bios.

Lots of issues, but I will post back with more info once I'm in front of that machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back