Contribute
Register

ASUS Maximus Impact VIII + Skylake 6700K with only USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Getting through the initial install is easy, and can be accomplished just like any other Hackintosh on previous chipsets once IOAPIC 24-119 is disabled in BIOS (or circumvented with the Pike patch).

Do you think you can upload your CLOVER folder?

I have the maximus hero and I am having difficulties.

Could I second the request for the clover folder? I'm still running into problems with my 980ti, but maybe your config will help shed some light on that as well.

I have this board up and running fine with OS X 10.11.2 (via Clover UEFI v3330).

• Audio: Works using toleda's latest Skylake-compatible patches (ty toleda). A minor issue is that sound seems to shut off in OSX after ~10 seconds of inactivity, and upon reactivation the 1st initial bit of sound is silenced (ergo, one might not hear an alert or notification they otherwise would if there's been no other sound for awhile). There's also a slightly audible tonal background hum when using the headphone port, I'm guessing from some sort of EM interference, though this disappears whenever actual sound is being played—and it occurs in Windows just the same, so is not a Hackintosh-specific issue. Been meaning to contact ASUS about it, but lazy; the problem source could also be the case front panel.

I don't understand the audio part. I suppose you are referring to this thread, but the "instructions" in there are hard to make out.

I'm really happy to report that I have everything working well! I swapped out the wifi for the Dell DW1560 (Broadcom) and that worked great.

I'm really happy to report that I have everything working well! I swapped out the wifi for the Dell DW1560 (Broadcom) and that worked great.

I also swapped yesterday, but it doesn't work out of the box. There's a large guide here that I haven't looked much into yet. Did you use a kext?

Also, be careful and don't install extra kexts. I ended up messing things up in a previous attempt by copying over extra ones I didn't need.

That's not bad at all, thanks!

Just an update. Did a little OCing on it by simply boosting the Turbo speed state to 4.5GHz, and it easily exceeded 20K on Geekbench:

Single: 5364
Multi: 20750

Still runs cool and quiet, VCore remains close to baseline standard (went from 1.296V → 1.328V). There's probably a lot more potential for further tweaking.

The same combo motherboard install OS x 10.11.2 with unibeast and then multibeast , The intel HD 530 seems to have some trouble to get it work right. After my update to 10.11.3, and change ig-platform id to be empty with clover configurator. and it now recognise HD530 Yeah!

has anyone experienced "cannot find driver for this platform acpi" KP when trying to run the installer USB? I made it with clover and I have a Z170 deluxe with 6600k. No matter what boot flag i use, it does not work. Also i put pike's patch in my config. plist and used FakeCPUID. Nothing works. Oh and my board has the ioapic entries disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back