Contribute
Register

Asus K53E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha... I removed the ig-platform-id and rebooted the system. Same issue is still occurring. Here's ioreg after reboot. Thanks.

JB

Since you're injecting your own graphics properties, try with GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No.

Since you're injecting your own graphics properties, try with GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No.

Thanks. I tried with GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No and still same result, laptop boots (can see the text with -v), shows the apple logo for a second then the laptop screen goes black... no login screen. Login screen comes back to laptop screen if I plug in the HDMI monitor. I then unplug the HDMI monitor, login and everything works on the laptop screen.

I'm out of ideas. I guess I can live with this little quirk but it seems like the OSX is defaulting to HDMI output. Is there anyway to change that behavior?

JB

Thanks. I tried with GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No and still same result, laptop boots (can see the text with -v), shows the apple logo for a second then the laptop screen goes black... no login screen. Login screen comes back to laptop screen if I plug in the HDMI monitor. I then unplug the HDMI monitor, login and everything works on the laptop screen.

I'm out of ideas. I guess I can live with this little quirk but it seems like the OSX is defaulting to HDMI output. Is there anyway to change that behavior?

JB

Are your system graphics kexts vanilla? Do a fresh install if there is any doubt.

Are your system graphics kexts vanilla? Do a fresh install if there is any doubt.

Yeah. Didn't touch the graphics kexts. Only added the kexts for audio, wifi, elan touchpad and battery (added the patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext along with VoodooBattery.kext).

I'll try to do a fresh install of Mavericks or Yosemite (currently on ML). I used Unibeast 5.1.0 for ML and Mavericks.

JB

Yeah. Didn't touch the graphics kexts. Only added the kexts for audio, wifi, elan touchpad and battery (added the patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext along with VoodooBattery.kext).

I'll try to do a fresh install of Mavericks or Yosemite (currently on ML). I used Unibeast 5.1.0 for ML and Mavericks.

JB

Never a good idea to use a rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext...

I did a fresh install of Mavericks on a spare drive and same issues. =[ Perhaps I'll try Clover and see. Thanks for your help Rehab.

JB

It could be an EDID issue... See what happens with Clover. It is easy to provide a custom EDID with Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back