Contribute
Register

[ASUS GL502VM] - Trackpad ELAN200, Voodooi2c, and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late reply, the work week started... I am testing audio by attempting to view youtube videos online (Won't even play but I read on some threads thats due to the audio), playing an MP3, and testing the sound effects in the SysPref. I select my internal speakers output like I would on my PC, the microphone works oddly enough! If you like, I can upload my AppleHDA XML if you could tell me where to find that.

You should read about AppleHDA patching, and read the Intel HDA spec.
That will help you understand the process that goes into creating patched AppleHDA XML content.
Or try different XML that has already been created (sometimes you find multiple implementations for same codec in AppleALC).
Also, you didn't attach any "Problem Reporting" files.
And your profile is not filled out as per FAQ, so I'm not even certain what hardware you have...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

If you have a 100-series chipset, maybe you forgot FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext?

You are my hero!!!

used your kext, and with the lower case v, and the track pad is working! I'll install the kext and rebuild libraries!

Now to figure out audio...
I have the same touchpad(ELAN1200/I2C) and could enable it with VoodooI2c and OS Patch(Windows10) but without multitouch support and my trackpad is being detected as a mouse. Can you check for-
1.Are you getting multitouch?
2. Is your trackpad recognised in system preferences>Trackpad?

Is it ELAN1200 or ELAN200? if it the first one i said, Use VodooI2C from my thread. It use RehabMan patched which eliminated KP problem. For my case (GL502VS) my trackpad works even without patched DSDT (but only work with VoodooI2C patched by RehabMan)

For Battery fix, you need ACPIBattery kext from my thread then use DSDT patch "[bat] Asus G75vw" (use RehabMan repo, see my thread)
Safar, Please help me out here! I have the exact Laptop as you got and I've tried everything to make the trackpad work. Unfortunately, it's only giving headaches. Please can you send me the voodooi2c.kext that you said is from rehabman and doesn't need dsdt patch. I appreciate it man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back