Graphics
ATI 5800 series
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey I'm completely new to the game but I'm no expert by any means. but I've been running OSX 10.6 (SL) on my Asus for a long while and moved up to the big leagues and installed 10.8 (ML) and haven't had many problems other than losing the dvd playback and audio (I think they are linked) and also the sleep and even the turn off screen doesn't work but I can live with that. when i updated to 10.8.2 i hit my snag and hangs on startup. I've tried many forums online looking for answers and nothing seems to have worked. I reinstalled 10.8 and it works kinda, and i was wondering if anyone has had success with the same platform and if they could give me the steps to get the ball rolling on this baby. Asus G73JH, DVD RW, Realtek HD Audio, ATI Radeon 5870, Dual Boot Win8, OSX on an Intel 150GB SSD, and everything else that comes stock.

I've also got G73JH, and so far, I've got graphics and network working perfectly.
But there're still issues of sleeping and sound.

I'm using Clover as boot loader.

Just got audio work using AppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext

I have your same model but unclear what your specs are if the same.

I did my install as a clean and basically, I had SL 10.6.3 and then I created a partition on main hard drive of 8GB named "maclionins" format "mac os extended". then I used Carbon copy to place the image on the partition. Then I installed Cham 2.01 as the boot loader.

then I rebooted and selected the "maclionins" drive then I did all the boot codes to stop any KP's
ie "-v -x -F cpus=1 npci=0x3000 UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No" this line stopped all kernel panics and put me right to the install point then I just erased the SL and installed ML on the SL partition.

Now at this point i only custom installed what I knew sound of course but seems to be a mistake I also did graphic resolution i selected 3 that I knew worked 1600x900x32 was a must. so I basically only marked them. I did install and it loaded with running network, resolution and some sound, but the sound only works of the subwoofer built into the base of the laptop. I did try multibeast to install voodoo but I still have the same audio issues. I dont have the color codes I did on SL green speakers/headphones pink mic.. so I am still looking for that fix.

So i rebooted and I see a simple error and then a 5 sec pause then hard disk selector and i choose ML not the install partition I made and it boots perfectly select country and sign in apple id.. everything..

I still have the same warnings but I did make a major mistake I did the install with my battery out.. So now everytime I place it in I get the grey words log out.

This install worked for me and I am sure i will have to run it again to fix the battery issue.

I will try to do more as I have looked around and some things I am still not familiar with on how to use. Audio is a must so it would be nice if it would work with the mic and not just of the built in subwoofer. i will post my specs in signature in a few.

I looked it up, and it's
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Personality=Orangutan
in Chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back