Contribute
Register

ASUS G73JH keyboard backlighting... WORKING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to confirm Keyboard backlighting WORKING !!, Asus G73JH, I patched DSDT with txt Rehabman provided,added updated ps2Driver rehab man kext,and bam! have "ctrl" "Alt" "-" "+" keys adjust, low ,high, backlighting,even works when reboot.Thanks RehabMan !! Iv'e been trying to figure out a fix for my Asus G73JH to sleep with Mavericks,seems I can't really find any detailed info ,Have googled with no solutions,when,I try to change resolution or when display fades to sleep I can't regain desktop without a hard shutdown (via holding power key) I have tried various frame buffer personalities ,and they all fail,with or without Ati rom,GraphicsEnabler yes or no ,and nullCpuPowerMangement kext yes no . the Laptop sleeps in Linux and windows ,hmmm,I heard something that the video card is An Asus Ati 5870m and the layout is backwards,not sure how to get this laptop to work other than that
DVDplayer works so I know the video is working properly during frame rates

Asus G73JH laptop
i7cpu
6gbRAM
Ati5870m 1GBvram

Chipset Model: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68a0
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1600 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

any help would be awesome thanks !

I would like to confirm Keyboard backlighting WORKING !!, Asus G73JH, I patched DSDT with txt Rehabman provided,added updated ps2Driver rehab man kext,and bam! have "ctrl" "Alt" "-" "+" keys adjust, low ,high, backlighting,even works when reboot.Thanks RehabMan !!

Great. Glad it worked for you...

Iv'e been trying to figure out a fix for my Asus G73JH to sleep with Mavericks,seems I can't really find any detailed info ,Have googled with no solutions,when,I try to change resolution or when display fades to sleep I can't regain desktop without a hard shutdown (via holding power key) I have tried various frame buffer personalities ,and they all fail,with or without Ati rom,GraphicsEnabler yes or no ,and nullCpuPowerMangement kext yes no .

Off-topic, but you should probably check that you have power management implemented correctly. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Thanks RehabMan...I'll check out the thread

wow, nice! backlight working now on my G73JH.. thanks, Rehabman!!

found a working VoodooHDA..(VoodooHDA-v2.8.2.x64.ML) ..now Mavericks runs great.

Hi Rehabman, i patched the dsdt with the txt you provided and also the voodops2controller and nothing (system crash).......when I download the VoodooPS2 have 2 options debug and release which I use, finally what should I do with the daemon file also be installed along with the plist. how can i do

please help me!!

regards

Hi Rehabman, i patched the dsdt with the txt you provided and also the voodops2controller and nothing (system crash).......when I download the VoodooPS2 have 2 options debug and release which I use, finally what should I do with the daemon file also be installed along with the plist. how can i do

please help me!!

regards

Use release version. Generally a good idea to boot without caches first time.

Works!!!! thank you rehab man!!! now, i have lost the audio ..... any advice to fix this

regards

Works!!!! thank you rehab man!!! now, i have lost the audio ..... any advice to fix this

regards

Audio is unrelated. What audio drivers are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back